Forum Cinema em Cena

Superman: Os Filmes (de Donner á Singer)

maximum

• Members

Fiquei sabendo que a versão do VUDU (streaming) de SUPERMAN 2 (1980) foi retirada em definitivo de lá, e agora foi substituída por aquela lançada oficialmente, o "Richard Donner Cut", de 2006. Na internet eu baixei esse corte do "VUDU", ainda tenho ele.

Esse "corte" alternativo foi colocado por engano pela distribuidora, e até chegou a conhecimento do falecido diretor, que não gostou de saber. 

Segue o texto (sem tradução) do podcast do site "CAPED WONDER":

The 122-minute Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut extended version, only available on streaming in HD, has now been replaced by the standard 116-minute version in 4K UHD.

If you had already purchased the extended cut on Vudu and Prime Video, it has now been replaced by the 116-minute standard version because of the recent 4K UHD release (the version Richard Donner approved and WB released on physical media on November 28, 2006)...other countries/regions may still see the extended cut on streaming platforms.

Warner Bros. made a mistake; they inadvertently sent a file to streaming platforms that was not the final edit, an edit not approved by Richard Donner or producer Michael Thau. The extended cut has additional Lester footage, etc. I am the one who revealed to Richard Donner in person that an the extended cut was on VUDU; he was completed surprised and annoyed about it.

Please do not expect the 122-minute extended cut to ever be released on physical media, and I suspect it will never again be available on streaming platforms. I hope I’m proven wrong and WB releases a definitive set with all of the cuts. I’m not holding my Super Breath…LOL.

Please read this blog post for more information. There is also a link in the comments below to an extended article with video clips. Please read all of the comments before asking questions and/or making your own comments.

Thanks!
-- Jim Bowers

Link:
https://supermantheblog.art.blog/2023/07/06/its-gone/

Mais sobre ele:

https://www.capedwonder.com/superman-2-alternate-donner-cut/

Exemplo de cena que só está nesse do streaming/VUDU, e não em algum material bônus/extra dos DVDs/Blu-rays, e nem no RICHARD DONNER Cut. Reparem que a qualidade é HD, o que significa que a Warner não coloca esses materiais adicionais (ao menos nesse caso) por picaretagem.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...