Forum Cinema em Cena

Austrália

texer

• Members

Jackman fala da contratação

user posted image

'I CAN'T wait to go to the Outback' . . . Hugh Jackman in Brisbane yesterday to promote the $24 million musical The Boy from Oz. Picture: Annette Dew.

Oz Boy to Go Bush

THE first thing Hugh Jackman wanted to do when he won the coveted lead role in Baz Luhrmann's $120 million Outback epic was telephone his leading lady, Nicole Kidman.

But so far Jackman, who has replaced Russell Crowe, has been unsuccessful because of another big role in the actress's life – bride to be.

"We're playing phone tag," said Jackman in Brisbane yesterday. "Nicole has left a message on my phone and I've left a message on her phone. She is en route from the US to Australia because of something, er, big that is happening for her."

As the good-natured Jackman cruised through a gruelling publicity tour in Brisbane yesterday to promote the $24 million stage musical The Boy from Oz, he wouldn't confirm if he was referring to Kidman's upcoming Sydney nuptials to singer Keith Urban – or if he had been invited.

But Jackman did confirm his star casting in Lurhmann's yet untitled picture and spoke for the first time about the role.

He said he wanted to appear authentic as the rough-hewn drover who wins the aristocratic Kidman's heart and will learn how to wrangle cattle and ride like a stockman.

"I can't wait to go to the Outback," he said. "I love it. I spent a few months out there when I was 18 and worked on Aboriginal missions building houses at Arionda near Alice Springs, near where the film is going to be shot. I loved it so much I didn't think I would leave."

The film marks a major career move for Jackman and is set to confirm the $20 million-a-movie actor as Australia's hottest leading man on the big screen.

"He's always been a leading man but he is moving towards being an iconic leading man which is perfect for the story we are doing," Luhrmann told Hollywood Reporter this week.

Jackman is excited to be going bush to swap sequins for moleskins as it means he gets a second chance to work with both Kidman and Luhrmann after missing out on Moulin Rouge.

He auditioned for the 2001 film but didn't get a part. The 37-year-old actor said there were no hard feelings between him and Luhrmann.

"Baz said I just wasn't right at the time and one day we will work together and here we are," Jackman said. "I am just absolutely thrilled and it's an amazing opportunity to be able to do a film on such a large Hollywood scale here in Australia."

Jackman has actually been with the Luhrmann project since February as the second male lead.

Those wrangling lessons will have to wait with Jackman starting rehearsals next month as entertainer Peter Allen in the hit musical which he performed to acclaim in the US two years ago.

The show, arriving at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre in September, has become a personal crusade for the star.

"Peter was such a great entertainer and it is a role I love to do," Jackman said. "I am looking forward to doing it here – when I sing I Still Call Australia Home there will be 10,000 other people singing it as well."

FONTE: www.nicolekidmanunited.com

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

"The world needs corny" com essa declaração Baz Luhrmann saiu no jornal Sun Herald neste 16 de julho:

http://nicolekidmanunited.com/NicoleKidmanFilmography/BazEpi cOfTheOutback/SunHerald2006July16BazCorn.jpg

fonte: www.nicolekidmanunited.com

Meu inglês naum é lá essas coisas,eu peço q alguma alma caridosasmiley36.gifme explique o q vem a ser corny(entendi algo como romance,amor etc.).E essa mesma alma caridosa poderia confirmar o q eu li nas últimas linhas do artigo(eu entendi q o filme começará a ser filmado ainda este anosmiley9.gif).

texer2006-7-16 12:33:21

• Members

Texer, Corny significa coisa boba.

O artigo em questão saiu no The Sydney Morning Herald de hoje:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/film/corn-of-a-new-era-says-baz/2 006/07/16/1152988404933.html

Corn of a new era, says Baz

July 16, 2006 - 4:12PM

Living up to his reputation as one of our most flamboyant, creative film directors, Baz Luhrmann has revealed the mantra behind his new romantic film epic: "The world needs corny."

Luhrmann, who will direct a sweeping romance starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman, has obviously decided filmgoers need a good old-fashioned love story on the big screen.

A Sun-Herald operative spotted Luhrmann at the East Village pub in Darlinghurst last week, where he was waxing enthusiastically to a companion about his big-budget project. During the conversation with his industry colleague, Luhrmann used the "world needs corny" line as a selling point for his new movie.

The director was obviously trying to convince his pub buddy to come on board the project behind the scenes, saying most of the filming would take place on a cattle station owned by an indigenous community in the Northern Territory. He said cast and crew would be living in contained quarters on site.

The pair had a low-key chat about the creative fall-out between Luhrmann and actor Russell Crowe, who was removed from the film, but Luhrmann seemed in good spirits nonetheless, at one stage cheerfully declaring "time for another g and t".

The director, who looked suave and relaxed during preparations for Kidman's wedding earlier this month, is back in peak creative form - spilling out ideas and visions for his sweeping epic film.

For the project, Luhrmann is expected to continue his extraordinary creative partnership with his wife, Catherine Martin, who won an Oscar for her work on Moulin Rouge!. The dynamic Sydney-based pair have two young children, Lillian and William.

Although an official filming date is yet to be announced - as is the title of the film - Kidman and Jackman have cleared their schedules for later this year, with both stars expected to spend at least six weeks filming in the Northern Territory.

Vamos ver se consigo ajudar também ....o que ele quis dizer é que o mundo precisa de muito mais romance, à la moda antiga, aquelas estórias que hoje nós achamos meio bobas .... mas que arrebatavam muitos corações antigamente.

Sim, eles pretendem começar as filmagens no fim deste ano, passando 6 semanas no Northern Territory naquele calor danado de infernal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Em entrevista recente a mulher de Hugh Jackman acabou soltando q as filmagens do romance de Baz Luhrmann podem durar uns 7 meses.

And so it will be that when the family returns to Australia in 2007 for a whole year – seven months of which will be taken up with the Luhrmann Kimberley-based project – they will constitute a travelling caravan. “You have no idea,” laughs Furness. “It’s like you’re a stage manager; even when we’ve come to Sydney for this short time, you’ve got to find the butcher, the baker, the candlestick-maker …” and with some weariness, adds, “I just want to unpack and have my teapot and my cup ... [but] that’s the nature of our business, his location, that’s the business, so we have to accept that.”

www.nicolekidmanunited.com

• Members

O processo de filmagem do Baz Luhrmann é lento mesmo.Se me lembro bem Moulin Rouge! foi um filme q demorou muito a sair,tanto q a filmografia do Baz tem lacunas enormes de tempo.

Romeu + Julieta(1996)

Moulin Rouge!(2001)

Ten Thousand horses(2008)

• Members

Moulin Rouge estava programado para estrear , inicialmente , no Natal de 2000 . Acabou abrindo o Festival de Cannes , em maio de 2001 e estreando comecialmente no final desse mesmo mês em NY e LA.  A produção atrasou porque Nicole Kidman se machucou duas vezes durante as filmagens (com isso , o filme acabou perdendo uma seqüência de dança com ela) e , segundo eu li , a editora do filme teria perdido algumas cenas durante o processo de montagem .

Essa nova produção , Ten Thousand Horses , vai demorar um tempinho porque deve ser o filme mais caro já feito na Austrália . O Baz tem a ambição de torná-lo um " ... E O Vento Levou " australiano .  

• Members

Do www.nicolekidmanunited.com

Baz's epic 'a joy' for novelist
Michael Bodey
19aug06

TASMANIAN novelist Richard Flanagan is the latest, and possibly last, screenwriter to collaborate on Baz Luhrmann's untitled Australian epic.

Twentieth Century Fox and Bazmark Film announced that the author of Gould's Book of Fish and The Sound of One Hand Clapping, is working on the final draft of the romantic historical epic starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman.

Flanagan joins Luhrmann's other collaborators, Collateral's Stuart Beattie and The Pianist's Ron Harwood on the project.

Luhrmann and Flanagan have recently consulted in northern Australia.

"I've wanted to work with Richard Flanagan for a long time, and apart from his tremendous story-telling skills, he has an extraordinary ability to illuminate character through his gift of language, description and Australian vernacular," Luhrmann said.

Flanagan's happy too. "It's a great joy working with someone of Baz's talent," he said. "We share a passion for this land and its people, and I think our time in the remote north, meeting its people and hearing their stories, has helped in laying the basis for a uniquely Australian movie that may just charm the world."

The film, set in the years leading up to World War II in the Top End, will begin shooting early next year. The epic begins in the mid-1930s and concludes with the February 1942 Japanese bombing of Darwin and the exodus south, known as the Adelaide River Stakes.

Flanagan's next novel, The Unknown Terrorist, will be published later this year.

PS:Luhrmann junto com os roteiristas de Colateral e O pianista...smiley17.gif

texer2006-8-18 19:14:36

• Members

Texter,

Obrigada pela informação, que foi publicada no The Australian de hoje:

The Australian

Então esta produção está cada vez mais complicada, o que era para ser filmado este ano já está indo para o ano que vem. O que se supunha ter um script já pronto, na verdade ainda está sendo escrito.

Eu torço para que este filme saia, mas me pergunto como a Nicole arranjará tempo para fazê-lo, conforme indica o IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000173/

. Emma's War (2007) (in production) (in talks) .... Emma

. Headhunters (2008) (announced)

. Untitled Baz Luhrmann Project (2008) (pre-production)

. The Lady from Shanghai (2008) (pre-production)

. His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass (2007) (pre-production) .... Marisa Coulter ... aka Northern Lights (UK)

• Members

Eu acho q sairá do papel sim.His dark materials ou Fronteiras do Universo irá ser filmado em Setembro e naum ocupará muito tempo na agenda da Nicole,pois sua participação exige poucas cenas.Headhunters e Emma's war são projetos q naum tem nada de concreto.Quanto a The Lady from Shangai,Kar Wai já avisou q naum tem tanta pressa assim de filmar(naum se tem data ao certo para início de filmagens).Ou seja,espaço tem de sobra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!smiley36.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Saiu num jornal australiano uma reportagem sobre a figurinista vencedora do Oscar por Moulin Rouge! Catherine Martin q está preparando o figurino do próximo trabalho do Luhrmann envolvendo Nicole Kidman e Hugh Jackman...

Style mistress puts epic designs on the table
Andrew Hornery
September 16, 2006

Inside the fortress-like walls of film designer Catherine Martin and director husband Baz Luhrmann's $10 million Darlinghurst mansion Iona, conversation goes in a flash from can can skirts and baby vomit to cattle breeds and the outback.

Martin and Luhrmann are in pre-production of their epic $100 million yet-to-be-titled film, an outback romance about a cattle farmer (Hugh Jackman) and a wealthy woman who inherits a cattle station (Nicole Kidman) in the years leading up to the World War II bombing of Darwin.

"Budget-wise, logistically and in terms of the story, this film is a hundred times more ambitious than Moulin Rouge. It will be completely different in style … There will be a more naturalistic element to it … no singing and dancing … Well, not yet at least. It will definitely have Baz's thumbprint on it but it is an epic in the tradition of epics," Martin said.

Next Tuesday at a Nokia dinner party to launch a new phone, Martin, who created the look of Moulin Rouge, Strictly Ballroom and Romeo+Juliet, will unveil the first clue as to how the new film will look, by designing a special table inspired by the film.

"There is a very loose association between the film and the table. It will be inspired by the outback … And yes it will hopefully be glamorous on the night, but at the moment it's a bit more outback than glamour," Martin said.

"It also times in well with a range of homewares I'm working on which will hopefully launch next year."

For years Martin chose to let husband Baz bask in the spotlight. Then she won an Oscar for Moulin Rouge, soon followed by a Tony for her work designing Luhrmann's version of La Boheme for Broadway. These days even her closest friends, such as Lachlan and Sarah Murdoch, Collette Dinnigan and Kidman, are public figures. Martin admits she has learnt to become friends with fame, or as she describes it, "the devil".

Martin says having "fabulous" child care and a studio below her home makes it possible for her to combine full-time work and motherhood.

"We have two small children (daughter Lilly, 3, and six-month-old son William) and sometimes it's so frantic my eyes are popping out … I could be arguing about something ludicrous with a three-year-old, taking the kids to swimming lessons and be thinking about a colour for a costume all at once.

"Having children has given me a better taste for work … They make me try harder."
http://www.nicolekidmanunited.invisionzone.com/index.php?sho wtopic=5431

texer2006-09-27 21:55:44

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Outra reportagem,com Hugh Jackman,dá sinais de início da preparação para a produção do longa(Jackman já está treinando montaria...)

Jackman makes his first flick for kids
25th September 2006, 12:43 WST

Hugh Jackman says he's finally made a film his kids can watch, with his first ever animated feature Flushed Away.

The star of the X-Men films actually has two animated films due for release this year, with George Miller's penguin flick Happy Feet also hitting cinemas in December.

"It is great to finally have something that my kids can see," said Jackman, who has two children - Oscar and Ava - with his actor wife Deborra-lee Furness.

"Oscar has never seen any of my movies."

Flushed Away, from the makers of Wallace and Gromit, is due to be released nationally on December 21.

It tells the story of an uptown rat, Roddy (voiced by Jackman), who gets flushed down the toilet from his penthouse apartment, landing in the sewers of London.

The film also features the voice talents of Kate Winslet, Ian McKellen, Andy Serkis and Billy Nighy.

Jackman has been working on the project for three years, recording Roddy's voice in sound studios in New York, Los Angeles and Sydney.

"I can see some of my facial expressions," he said of Roddy.

"And I can see some of my gestures and things like that."

Jackman has now begun preparing for Baz Luhrmann's untitled Australian epic, which goes into production in February.

Jackman and his fellow castmates, including Nicole Kidman, will take part in a production workshop in Sydney in December.

"I have just been in doing fittings for hats and boots, so we are definitely on the go," said Jackman.

He said he'd taken some horse riding tips from fellow actor Tom Burlinson, who starred in 1982's The Man From Snowy River.

"I am starting my horse riding stuff," said Jackman, who first learnt to ride a horse for Kate And Leopold, with Meg Ryan.

"I am going in for the long haul, mate. I don't want any (stunt) doubles. I am fairly confident on a horse but this is droving, it's another level
."

Ah,a proposito rumores circulam na internet q o filme poderá se chamar Darwin e não mais Ten Thousand horses...

Russell Crowe diz porque deixou épico de Baz Luhrmann

Por Marcelo Hessel
28/9/2006

envie_amigo.gif

russel_crowe.jpgEm maio o ator Russell Crowe deixou a produção do novo épico de Baz Luhrmann (Moulin Rouge) sem dar muita explicação. No mês seguinte, foi substituído por Hugh Jackman e ficou por isso mesmo. Agora Crowe explica o desligamento.

Segundo o Hollywood Reporter, o motivo foi dinheiro e um pouco de orgulho próprio. "Eu simplesmente não queria trabalhar naquele filme com o tipo de ambiente que estava se criando lá, devido às necessidades do orçamento. E eu faço caridade, mas não faço caridade para grandes estúdios", teria dito o ator. Extra-oficialmente, a produção passa por apertos: Luhrmann vê o custo da produção subir seguidamente e a Fox apertou a cinta.

Cortar nacos de cachê do elenco é uma das formas conhecidas na indústria para diminuir o custo dos filmes, tudo em nome da arte.

Jackman atuará ao lado de Nicole Kidman na produção. A trama começará no norte da Austrália pouco antes da Segunda Guerra Mundial. Ela mostra uma aristocrata inglesa (Kidman) que recebe de herança uma fazenda gigantesca. Mas quando um barão inglês do gado conspira para tomar as terras dela, a mulher precisa aliar-se, a contragosto, com um vaqueiro (Jackman) para levar 2 mil cabeças de gado através de um dos terrenos mais áridos do país, apenas para deparar-se com o bombardeio japonês da cidade de Darwin, pelas mesmas forças que atacaram Pearl Harbor meses antes.

O filme, ainda sem título, vem sendo comparado ao clássico E o vento levou por seus cenários grandiosos e o teor dramático em meio a acontecimentos dos anos 30 e 40. Os astros, o diretor e o roteirista Stuart Beattie (Colateral) são todos australianos. A pré-produção começará lá do outro lado do planeta em outubro, com filmagens marcadas para fevereiro de 2007. Falta ainda encontrar o tal barão, que terá papel fundamental na história.

texer2006-09-28 19:04:54

• Members

Obrigada Texter,

Do site IEBS.net, entrevista com o chefe da Fox:

clique aqui!

A entrevista é enorme, vou colocar aqui apenas o trecho referente à este filme:

"ESB: What is going on with the Baz Luhrman film?

TR: It’s moving forward, it gonna go in February or March in Australia with Baz, Nicole [Kidman] and Hugh Jackman. So it’s an epic picture, doesn’t have a title right now, and it’s Baz really moving into a new genre, very sweeping but naturalistic.

IESB: How soon before we start hearing about some new casting announcements?

TR: I don’t know probably not until after the first of the year. There are a lot of very interesting secondary parts, a lot of really cool character parts but, the heart of the movie is Nicole and Hugh. It’s African Queen or Giant or Out of Africa, the story centers on the adventure and romance between the two of them."

Aqui continuamos na torcida para este filme sair do papel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hugh Jackman revela q as filmagens do novo filme do Baz Luhrmann ocorrerá dia 26 de março...02

As with most animated films, Jackman worked alone, unlike in Australian director George Miller's Happy Feet. "Nicole [Kidman] and I worked for a couple of days together as we play mum and dad of the lead character and that was fantastic."

The actor says he is looking forward to working more extensively with Kidman on the new "Luhrmann film with her and not be penguins will be nice." The Australian epic starts filming on March 26, Jackman confirmed, on location in Sydney, Darwin, and Bowen, near the Barrier Reef. Already compared to the likes of Out of Africa, Jackman laughingly describes the untitled Aussie film as "a combination of Out of Africa, Gone with the Wind, Lawrence of Arabia -- that kind of world, a romantic adventure epic with me and Nicole."

do Dark Horizons

• Members

Do jornal britânico Daily Mail, 20/10/2006:

link aqui!

Who's the perfect daddy, Russell?

by BAZ BAMIGBOYE

Last updated at 10:10am on 20th October 2006

Fatherhood before films: Russell Crowe wants to get his priorities right

Russell Crowe is very clear about what kind of father he wants to be - "present, not absent" - even if it means turning down major movie roles.

He and his wife, Danielle, have two sons: Charlie, a rambunctious toddler, who will be three in the New Year; and four-month-old Tennyson.

With school looming on the horizon, Russell is having to think about his future career. He's already ruled out movies that take half a year to make.

"I'm not into this thing of signing on for ever and not knowing when something is going to finish," the Oscar-winning star told me.

"I need to know for my wife and kids when I'm going to be around. And just out of my own self-interest, it gets really tedious sometimes being away from home for that long.

"I can have the family with me, but I also have to keep a balance. Is it the right place for them to be? Is it healthy for Charlie?"

One project which proved perfect for mixing career and family was shooting A Good Year on location in Provence.

He and his pal Ridley Scott had met in Los Angeles to go through several movie ideas. When it came to "the wine project", Russell noted that Scott became exceedingly animated.

And so it was that they found themselves taking over the Chateau La Canorgue in Bonnieux during last year's wine harvest.

A Good Year, based on a best-selling novel by Peter Mayle, shows the actor's caring, sharing side.

There's no blood and gore, though Russell's character, Max (named after Maximus in Gladiator), does inflict some serious financial wounds upon his competitors.

There's light comedy mixed in with the drama and Russell has a deft touch, particularly when he gets out of the City of London after his elderly uncle (Albert Finney) leaves him the picturesque chateau - and its vineyard.

A friend in Hollywood has described the picture, admiringly, as "porn for women".

Russell and his family had a ball living in Provence. He was also much taken by the local rosé wine; so taken that he shipped 17 cases home to Australia. "It's a good tipple," he told me. But not every location is going to be suitable for the family.

He has just shot a couple of movies back to back in the States: the drama Tenderness, for which he was on set for just nine days, and American Gangster, which took him 11 weeks.

Next is the remake of the Glenn Ford classic 3: 10 To Yuma with Christian Bale, and that's an acceptable three-month shoot.

"A big part of conversations Danielle and I are having is where are we going to be, and where's Charlie going to school," he says.

"What are we going to do in terms of restrictions on work? It's in my mind that I don't want to be an absent dad when my son is school age.

"I want to be the dad who takes him to school in the morning and picks him up in the afternoon — which makes making movies very difficult.'

Russell told me how, when Peter O'Toole's son, Lorcan, was of school age, the actor changed his work life and if a movie didn't fit in with the school schedule, he didn't do it.

"I'm not interested in being the parent that's always away. I'm not interested in being that sort of dad. I want to be present all the time," Russell told me.

Those work-family thoughts were going through his mind when he decided to withdraw from the epic film everyone thought he was going to make with Baz Luhrmann, co-starring Nicole Kidman as his leading lady.

"I can't get into a gig that's going to go on and on and on. You can't make other plans. The last movie he shot took 16 months," said Russell, insisting that he and Luhrmann remain good pals and will work together again.

Then there's the dosh factor.

Russell observed that the as-yet-untitled Luhrmann picture (it shoots early in the New Year, and will now star Hugh Jackman) has a big budget, but everyone reduced their price, so more money could be spent on other aspects of the film.

"Everyone has to take a hit, I understand that. But I didn't understand why my hit had to be bigger than everybody else's," he said.

• Members

Com a estreia de The Prestige estão pipocando declarações do Hugh Jackman a respeito do novo filme do Baz Luhrmann...

Como as de q o diretor e o ator estão discutindo certos aspectos do longa na biblioteca particular do diretor..."Aussie Powers
Jackman and Baz Luhrmann discuss their upcoming epic in the director's library."

"Jackman's wife, Deborra-Lee Furness, used to be Nicole Kidman's roommate in LA and they are still very close. If one thing links Australian actors professionally, it is, in Baz Luhrmann's expression, a shared sense of devil may care, because we're from a place that's far away, and everything always seems new and fresh and possible."

"In March, Jackman will begin shooting Baz Luhrmann's new project: purportedly the biggest Australian film ever made, an epic romance in which he plays a cowboy opposite Nicole Kidman's English arisocrat. "In the old days," Luhrmann says, "you'd have a dramatic actor, like Frank Sinatra, and the world would expect him to do From Here to Eternity, and he could also sing and dance and be a popular artist. That's the same with Hugh. We haven't seen that for a very long time - someone who's a true song and dance man but is also a dramatic actor, and a card-carrying movie star."

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Não tem nome mais apropriado...Achava Ten Thousand Horses mais estiloso...

Finalmente, Baz Luhrmann ("Moulin Rouge - Amor em Vermelho") anunciou o título de seu mais novo filme. Em uma entrevista ao The Age, o diretor revelou que o épico se chamará "Australia". "O nome é chocante", comentou o cineasta em meio a risadas. Ainda foi revelado que existiam mais opções para o título, entre elas, "Great Southern Land" e "Faraway Downs".

Ainda foi confirmado que o filme recebeu aprovação da 20th Century Fox. Antes do Natal, haverá, inclusive, preparações para as gravações nos estúdios da Fox, nas quais o elenco aprenderá a montar cavalos, vestirá as roupas da época e testará cenas e o roteiro. Já as filmagens propriamente ditas terão início em março e durarão cinco meses.

A trama se passará na Austrália, antes da Segunda Guerra Mundial, e girará em torno de uma aristocrata inglesa que herda um rancho do tamanho de Maryland. Quando um barão do gado inglês tenta adquirir as terras da mulher, ela, relutantemente, junta as suas forças com as de um vaqueiro com o intuito de levar as suas duas mil cabeças de gado para outro território. No entanto, esta jornada os levará a Darwin, cidade australiana que está prestes a ser bombardeada pelas forças japonesas.

No elenco de protagonistas estão Nicole Kidman ("As Horas") e Hugh Jackman ("X-Men"). Inicialmente, o papel interpretado por Jackman seria de Russell Crowe ("Gladiador"). Devido a isso, durante muito tempo, este filme era bastante esperado exatamente por trazer, finalmente, às telonas o encontro dos amigos Kidman e Crowe, no entanto, após alguns desentendimentos com a 20th Century Fox, o ator desistiu do projeto.

Durante a mesma entrevista, o cineasta revelou mais detalhes à respeito do épico. "Estou pegando a perspectiva do resto do mundo neste filme de como as pessoas podem ver 'Australia'. Quando você diz 'Casablanca' ou 'Oklahoma!' significa grande. Isso significa vasto. Não estou dizendo que este filme é a Austrália. É só uma metáfora para um estado de espírito, para a longitude. Muita gente não sabe que Darwin foi tão bombardeada quanto Pearl Harbor". Agora resta apenas esperar pela estréia, que deverá ocorrer em algum momento de 2008.
http://www.cinemacomrapadura.com.br texer2006-11-22 19:09:05

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Nicole Kidman e Hugh Jackman já estão na Austrália fazendo workshop para "Austrália" de Baz Luhrmann.

Kidman e Jackman estarão no país natal até março nesse longo trabalho de preparação que Luhrmann está elaborando antes das filmagens que devem ir até junho ou julho de 2007.

Abaixo uma foto da Kidman tomando aulas de equitação para sua personagem...

user%20posted%20image

• Members

Divulgado hj pelo Cinema em Cena16100513

Baz Luhrman começa filmagens em segredo

pixel.gif

26/12/2006 12:02

pixel.gif

australia_01s.jpgHugh Jackman e Nicole Kidman já filmaram as primeiras cenas de Australia. As gravações aconteceram secretamente na semana passada em Camden, perto de Sydney. O diretor Baz Luhrman rodou cenas externas e internas em Camelot, uma antiga propriedade local composta por uma grande casa, jardins e pastos com cavalos.

Segundo o jornal Sydney Morning Herald, Jackman e Kidman chegaram à locação em um helicóptero particular e filmaram durante quarta e quinta-feira. Tudo foi feito sem grande alarde e apenas o proprietário da mansão soube previamente que a filmagem aconteceria. Nem mesmo o prefeito de Camden sabia que os dois astros estavam em sua cidade.

Apesar do sigilo, os paparazzi de plantão conseguiram fotografar Jackman no set. Confira o figurino do ator - clique na figura para ampliá-la.

Apesar deles terem afirmado que este é o figurino do personagem do Jackman,eu tenho minhas dúvidas...

• 1 month later...
  • Members

5664-2007-02-07-15:44:40_1.jpg

Baz Luhrmann fala mais sobre "Australia"

O diretor Baz Luhrmann (foto), conhecido por obras como "Romeu e Julieta" e "Moulin Rouge", falou ao site IGN um pouco mais sobre seu novo projeto "Australia", que será estrelado pelo onipresente Hugh Jackman ("A Fonte da Vida") e Nicole Kidman ("Dogville").

Luhrmann informou que "Australia" será baseado em clássicos como "E o Vento Levou" e "Laurence Da Arábia". Segundo o diretor "estes filmes compartilham algo que faz com que tenham uma história emocional em um patamar mais alto e usam uma paisagem de modo a amplificá-la. Estas são peças mitológicas, e é o que estou fazendo", disse Luhrmann, referindo-se ao seu novo projeto.

"O filme 'Australia' se passa na década de 30 e traz a história de uma mulher desiludida, que pensa ser incapaz de sentir algo novamente. Então ela se envolve com um cowboy interpretado por Hugh Jackman e, à medida que sua jornada se desenrola, ela descobre que sua vida pode renascer. Ela escolhe sentir, mas isto leva a um certo grau de risco", continuou Luhrmann.

Um dos pontos fortes dos filmes do diretor são as trilhas sonoras. Quando perguntado se "Australia" traria uma trilha mais tradicional que suas outras obras, Luhrmann revelou "Australia termina quando as forças de ataque que atingiram Pearl Harbor destróem a cidade de Darwin. No filme existem muitas influências country-western provenientes da América, muita influência regional, influência havaiana e de bandas de Jazz. Mas ainda sim terá muitas músicas românticas".

O projeto deve ter início assim que Nicole Kidman terminar de gravar o filme "Fronteiras do Universo: A Bússola Dourada" e Hugh Jackman encerrar as gravações do filme "The Tourist".