• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

"Sweeney Todd" is Too Bloody

08-27-2007 (13:00:32)

headline5038.jpgDailyIndia

reports that director Tim Burton has been asked to tone down the

gruesome scenes in "Sweeney Todd," which stars Johnny Depp.

Studio executives became a bit squeamish when they saw shocking footage of Depp slitting the throats of his customers in the movie, based on Stephen Sondheim's stage musical.

According

to sources, during filming at Pinewood studios, the prosthetic

look-alike limbs were so hideously realistic that some of the crew

became queasy and had to take fresh air breaks. Those on set were

further disgusted because there were heaps and heaps of sliced-up

'corpses', along with several spare 'necks' for the reason that Burton might want to shoot several takes of the same throat-cutting scene.

In

the movie, Todd's victims are seated in a mechanical chair; their

throats are cut and as Johnny flips a switch, the floor opens and they

fall down a channel into the den of Todd's mistress, Mrs Lovett, played

by Helena Bonham Carter.

One

scene that principally disturbed the studio bosses was when they saw a

ten-year-old boy cutting up body parts, which were then thrown into a

meat grinder and turned into mince.

"Tim's not happy that the studio is asking for so many cuts to the cutting, as it were," the Daily Mail quoted an insider, as saying. "The

thing is, the studio really likes the film and they want to make it

accessible to as big an audience as possible - which means stemming the

blood flow. But that's a bit difficult for a story involving a guy who

gets high slitting throats."

• Members

Será que o Burton vai realmente entregar a sua tão sonhada história de horror que tanto alimentou a sua inusitada infância e sempre esteve presente de maneira sutil em todos os seus longas ou obvias como a Lenda do Cavaleiro Sem Cabeça ,o estúdio já se pronuciou dizendo que vai torna-lo mais acessível para o público:" Uma história que envolve um sujeito que corta gargantas dos clientes". bem eu gostei do poster acima um clima bem macabro e ponto para o Depp que está se arriscando num projeto tão ousado, já que agora ele está no auge da popularidade03

• Members

Nao acredito. Peidaram na farofa: http://www.cinemaemcena.com.br/frm_Noticias_Detalhe2.aspx?tipo=cinenews&id=23085&cod_filme=2531

E eu achando que ia ser o melhor filme do Burton. Os ganaciosos executivos baixando de R para PG-13 so para ganhar uns trocados a mais. Eu bem que havia manifestado meu temor ha um tempo atras. Afinal, eh impossivel fazer um filme decente de serial killer sem ter sangue.

Tomara que lancem uma versao light nos EUA e uma mais sanguinolenta no exterior.
Indiana Jones2007-08-28 15:12:04

• Members

Nao acredito. Peidaram na farofa: http://www.cinemaemcena.com.br/frm_Noticias_Detalhe2.aspx?tipo=cinenews&id=23085&cod_filme=2531

E eu achando que ia ser o melhor filme do Burton. Os ganaciosos executivos baixando de R para PG-13 so para ganhar uns trocados a mais. Eu bem que havia manifestado meu temor ha um tempo atras. Afinal' date=' eh impossivel fazer um filme decente de serial killer sem ter sangue.

Tomara que lancem uma versao light nos EUA e uma mais sanguinolenta no exterior.
[/quote']

Ninguém baixou a censura do filme, até pq ela nunca chegou a ser R. Já estava previsto que fosse PG-13 mesmo antes de Burton ser contratado para a direção.

E lembrando que, apesar do protagonista ser um serial killer, trata-se de um musical da Broadway e não de um filme de suspense ou terror.

• Members

Uma reação sobre o pequeno clipe exibido em Veneza hoje...

Hi!! I just saw the Venice clip here at the festival!!

It was the song that Sweeney sings when he finds his razors!

It was simply astounding, and Johnny's voice was AMAZING! He could start from scrap a singing career, he would immediately become a star!! Even Helena was great, with her sweet style we heard in the Corpse bride.

It's complex to describe in detail, but I can tell you that EVERYTHING is in the most supreme Burton style (I also saw him here in Venice at a press conference, by the way) and die hard Burtonites (like myself) will love the look of the movie, if indeed everything is kept the way those 10 minutes showed.

About the song, well, not having seen the musical on stage I couldn't say if Sondeheim fans will be disappointed, but I noticed how personal was the way Johnny approached the acting and the singing, and his Sweeney could very well become his next signature characgter.

The clip started with Sweeney and Lovett talking, when Sweeney realized that he lost his loved ones. The look in his eyes, was priceless!!! Then they moved upstairs, found the razors from under the floorboards, and started singing. There was a very sublte game of reflections between the blades and their faces that was pure genius. Then he asked Mrs.Lovett to leave, he raised his arm and said "At last, my arm is complete" and the camera started to move backwards, through the room, through the street and went up high until all the rooftops were in sight, at the sound of a very powerful and orchestrated "Ballad of Sweeney Todd".

Believe me, it was quite a sight.

Sorry I dont' have time to elaborate more, but you know, I work here and I have to go!!

Waiting for the trailer!!!!

Greetings from Italy!!