Forum Cinema em Cena

Nine, de Rob Marshall

-felipe-

• Members

Parece que mais um nome está em negociações para entrar no elenco feminino de NINE, trata-se de Kate Hudson!!!!!!!!!!! A matéria abaixo fala que Daniel Day-Lewis já está tendo aulas de canto em Nova York e que Marshall já teria selecionado os dançarinos do musical. Ao contrário do que muita gente pensava os ensaios vão começar em  Agosto.

Kidman and company get a high kick out of Fellini

Waves of girls in leotards and black tights kicked out their legs, held up their arms, shook their heads and ended with hands rested firmly on their derrieres. Get in the way of all that long hair flying about and you'd be a dead man.

'That was fantastic, ladies,' Rob Marshall told them. 'Now can you do that one more time and switch lines.'

Marshall is the director of the movie Nine, about Guido Contini an Italian director - and something of a Lothario - in crisis and how the women in his life save him.

It's based on the stage musical Nine by composer and lyricist Maury Yeston, which in turn is based on the classic film 81/2 by director Federico Fellini.

Marshall already has an all-star cast in place but he spent several days in London holding casting sessions for dancing girls, and a few boys.

I was allowed to watch him audition 33 women dancers at the Pineapple Studios in Covent Garden. One dancer had flown in from New York, with the rest from Britain, Italy and France, to perform a number called Cinema Italiano.

Daniel Day-Lewis has been cast as Guido and was in New York working with two singing teachers, while Nicole Kidman, Penelope Cruz, Judi Dench, Marion Cotillard and Sophia Loren have signed on to play the ladies he loves, in different ways, of course.

Kate Hudson is understood to be in talks to join them as a Vogue magazine writer. All will sing and dance.

Although her baby is due, as Rob Marshall says, 'any moment', Nicole's role as Claudia - Guido's glamorous British film star muse - will mark her first foray before the cameras after the baby is born.

'Nicole's in incredible shape. Have you seen her? There's hardly a bump,' says Marshall.

'She loves the idea of doing this. It's kind of nice for her first one back that she doesn't have to carry the entire movie on her shoulders,' adds Marshall who made the Oscar-winning movie Chicago.

Penelope plays Carla, Guido's mistress. Marion plays Luisa, his wife, and Sophia his mamma, while Judi plays Lily, the British costume designer for Guido's movies.

'Lily is his best friend, and we have a great number for Judi where she fantasises she's a French chanteuse and sings a number called Folies Bergere,' Marshall told me.

The movie had been set to shoot at a studio in Montreal, but that was before he had double Oscar winner Day-Lewis.

He and Judi share the same London agent and he came by the screenplay written by the late Anthony Minghella (to whom the film will be dedicated). He and Marshall met several times and the actor sang for him.

Day-Lewis was clearly smitten with the idea of being in a movie musical, but time was tight.

'Is this something you want to do?' Marshall said he asked him.

The actor responded that the deal could work if the film was shot in London. That's how one of the biggest films in years crossed the Atlantic to provide a massive boost for British film-making.

Rehearsals will begin on August 4 with songs being recorded in late September and filming to start at Shepperton Studios in October.

Marshall, with his longtime-partner John DeLuca, will produce the movie with Harvey Weinstein and his Weinstein Co studio along with Marc Platt.

How will he cope with all those leading ladies? He laughed and said: 'I think it's going to be a balancing act.

'I know everyone will be walking in on the first day scared to death, even me.

But that's a good thing.'

I asked Marshall if Day-Lewis knew how to dance 'Baby, oh, yeah. This man knows how to kick it!'

The movie will be set in Rome's Cinecitta studios in 1964, not Venice as in the stage version. 'Vespas and Ray-Bans and beautiful women. It's very Italian, very Sixties and very sexy,' Marshall said, beaming.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar...-Polanski-.html

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Mais notícias de NINE!

Segundo o site Daily Mail, as atrizes também já estão tendo aulas de canto, como Daniel Day-Lewis.

Nicole Kidman, além de seus dois números com Day-Lewis , terá um número com Marion Cotillard e Penelope Cruz e outro dueto com Cruz!

Outra informação que a fonte dá é sobre a participação de Kate Hudson que estaria em negociações sólidas para entrar no filme. E como até agora todas as especulações se confirmaram...

Kidman, Cruz and Cotillard in tune for new musical
Nicole Kidman has been taking singing lessons - in between preparing for the imminent arrival of her first baby - and learning lyrics, including a new number she will sing with Penelope Cruz and Marion Cotillard in the movie musical Nine.

Composer Maury Yeston has written three additional numbers for the film version of his stage hit about a famed Italian director who has suffered a breakdown on the set of his latest movie in Rome.
The trio of actresses will sing the new number called Take It All. Nicole will also sing a duet with Penelope called Simple, and two further songs with Daniel Day-Lewis who plays Guido, the film-maker.
The picture, set in 1964, starts rehearsals at Shepperton Studios in early August with Nicole playing Claudia, a British-born actress who has become an international star through working with Guido.
Marion plays his wife Luisa and Penelope his seductive mistress Carla. The third new number - Cinema Italiano - is a big dance arrangement for a Vogue journalist, a part Kate Hudson is in negotiations to play.
Judi Dench will also kick up her heels in a racy tango Folies Bergeres. Director Rob Marshall sees the film as a celebration of 'beautiful, strong, independent women.
Daniel plays an Italian man and these women have shaped him. It's about how he's hurt them, how he's helped them, how he relies on them and, ultimately, how they help him conquer his fears'.
He said that his film would not be the stage show merely planted on to celluloid.
'In a way, it's a new musical because we took the wonderful bones of what Nine was and re-shaped it as a film,' he told me.
Working with his partner John DeLuca and his long-term associate choreographers, Joey Pizzi, Denise Faye and Tara Nicole Hughes, Marshall has created some fast-paced, hip-swivelling choreography.
'There will be no dubbing,' Marshall said. 'Everyone can carry a tune and they're all having singing lessons. They're in pretty good shape, and we'll have a 60-piece orchestra in the studio when we record the songs. It's all going to be very sexy.'

• Members

Mas naum era um tipo físico específico que Marshall estava procurando para a atriz que viveria Claudia, ele queria apenas uma atriz que pudesse sustentar o título de musa do Guido, protagonista do filme. E isso, tanto Catherine Zeta-Jones e Nicole Kidman tem.

A personagem da Kidman foi interpretada no filme de Fellini por Claudia Cardinale. Parece que Kidman vai mesmo ter maior destaque do q todos pensavam, por isso que naum vejo como a Zeta-Jones ter recusado o papel por ser pequeno demais, a personagem originalmente tem dimensão parecida com a que Marshall quer dar no filme.
texer2008-07-06 01:29:06

• Members

ela recusou por ser pequeno demais?bem, se vc diz. mas elas sao completamente diferentes, e sempre existe um padrao fisico pra determinado personagem; se a personagem for de algum pais europeu a zeta ja ficaria melhor, a kidman tem o padrao mais americano/ingles.enfim...q bobagem recusar um papel desses por ser pequeno demais, metidinha!

• Members

Foi isto que disseram na época... Mas pelo que se vê, Claudia é uma personagem que tem uma considerável participação no filme, por isso acho pouco provável que a Zeta-Jones tenha recusado por este motivo.

Mas eu me lembro de história parecida em Chicago. Alguns numeros da Zeta-Jones foram cortados e dizem que ela naum gostou na época...

• Members

O site wenn.com publicou que Kate Hudson está confirmada em NINE!

O site tb publicou que a atriz estava disputando o personagem com Anne Hathaway e Sienna Miller e acabou levando a melhor.

Hudson será uma jornalista de moda chamada Stephanie.

• Members

E realmente tem esta notinha da Kate Hudson.

Kate Hudson está no elenco do musical Nine
(14/07/2008 - 17h38)

Da Redação www.cineclick.com.br

img_news_14072008hud.jpg

Kate Hudson
A produtora The Weinstein Company anunciou hoje que a atriz Kate Hudson (Um Amor de Tesouro) está no elenco de Nine, adaptação do musical homônimo feito por Rob Marshall (Memórias de uma Gueixa).

Kate irá interpretar uma das mulheres da vida do famoso diretor Guido Contini (interpretado por Daniel Day-Lewis, de Sangue Negro). O longa mostrará o processo da última obra de Contini.

As outras mulheres do diretor serão interpretadas por Nicole Kidman (Austrália), Marion Cotillard (Piaf - Um Hino ao Amor), Judi Dench (007 Cassino Royale), Sophia Loren (Desejo) e Penélope Cruz (Volver).

Nine estava previsto para ser rodado ano passado, mas ocorreu um adiamento do início das filmagens por conta de acertos que o roteiro precisava - os quais não puderam ser feitos por conta da greve dos roteiristas.

• Members

E suspeito que tenha mais por vir nos próximos meses... Ainda faltam escalar uma atriz para viver Saraghina, uma prostituta que acaba entrando na vida do protagonista Guido. E naum faço idéia de quem eles têm em mente para a personagem...

• Members

Hudson's Nine Role Created Just For Her

15 July 2008 10:05 AM, PDT

MV5BNzE4ODY4MjgxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzM4MDU3MQ@@._V1._SY90_.jpg

Latest: The role Kate Hudson will play in her movie musical debut was written especially for her.

Her Nine character - a Vogue magazine writer called Stephanie - didn't feature in the original Broadway show

Director Rob Marshall explains, "Her revelatory skills as a singer and a dancer lead to the creation of the role."

Nine composer Maury Yeston has even written a new song just for Hudson.

The actress will join Daniel Day-Lewis, Nicole Kidman, Penelope Cruz, Marion Cotillard, Dame Judi Dench and Sophia Loren in the film adaptation of the hit show, inspired by Federico Fellini's autobiographical film 8 1/2.

Javier Bardem and Catherine Zeta-Jones have already quit the project - making way for Day-Lewis and Kidman respectively.

• Members

Por esta eu naum esperava, contava com a especulação sobre qualquer uma menos a... FERGIE!!!!!!!!

Parece que estão querendo ela para interpretar a prostituta Saraghina! Será que isto pode se concretizar? E mais será que vai dar certo?

A fonte é a Variety que até agora naum deu uma fora sobre a escalação do filme. Todos os rumores foram divulgados primeiramente lá e todos se consretizaram.

Será?

Naum gostei naum. Esperava alguém do nível da Zeta-Jones ou da Michelle Pfeiffer...

Fergie is Part of Rob Marshall's Nine
FONTE: Variety July 19, 2008

Fergie is in talks to join the Rob Marshall-directed musical Nine for The Weinstein Company and Relativity Media, reports Variety.

She joins a cast that already includes Daniel Day-Lewis, Marion Cottilard, Penelope Cruz, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Kate Hudson, Nicole Kidman, Sophia Loren and Judi Dench.

Fergie, in her first major role, will play Saraghina, a lusty woman who introduces Guido (Day-Lewis) to the world of sexuality.

Shooting starts in October in the U.K.

• Members

Fergie pode participar do musical - 21/07/2008 09:18

stacyferguson_01.jpgA cantora Fergie pode interpretar uma das mulheres que atormentam o protagonista do musical Nine. Ela está em negociações para viver a prostituta Saraghina, que introduz o personagem de Daniel Day-Lewis no mundo da sexualidade.

Saraghina era o último papel que ainda precisava ser escalado na produção. As filmagens começam, segundo a Variety, em outubro no Reino Unido.

Fergie teve pequenos papéis em Planeta Terror, um dos segmentos de Grindhouse, e da refilmagem Poseidon.

• Members

Parece que a participação de Fergie em Nine deixou de ser um boato para se tornar uma confirmação. Leiam esta reportagem que acaba de sair no http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jQzqExp...VH1sQQD928727G1 .

Eu só espero que ela esteja disposta mesmo a se tornar uma esponja para acompanhar o ritmo do Day-Lewis, da Kidman, da Dench, da Loren e cia....

Fergie 'thrilled' to play a prostitute in `Nine'
By DERRIK J. LANG

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Fergie is excited about adding the role of a prostitute to her acting portfolio.

The Grammy-winning singer has been cast as Saraghina in "Nine," a big-screen adaptation of the Tony-winning musical. She will perform the saucy song "Be Italian" with Guido, played by Daniel Day-Lewis.

"She's basically a prostitute on the beach," Fergie told The Associated Press in an interview. "She introduces him to the world of sexuality. It's a very strong song. I'm just thrilled I get to play a character. I'm singing, but I'm not singing as myself. I'm going to be singing as a character, and that's what's really exciting to me."

Fergie, 33, joins Day-Lewis, Marion Cotillard, Penelope Cruz, Nicole Kidman, Judi Dench and Kate Hudson in "Nine," directed by Rob Marshall ("Chicago"). Filming is set to begin in October. Fergie, whose real name is Stacy Ann Ferguson, had minor roles in the "Poseidon" and "Grindhouse" movies.

"I'm speechless," she said of the opportunity to work with the film's A-list talent. "I'm definitely going to be a sponge on set. I want to pick up on everything that all these brilliant actors are bringing to the table. I'm probably going to be the quietest that I've ever been while working just because I want to watch and learn."

She was in Las Vegas on Monday to debut her two new shoe lines at the World Shoe Association show in the Las Vegas Convention Center.

Fergie, who released her hit-packed solo album "The Duchess" in 2006, said she's now in the studio working on a new album with the Black Eyed Peas, their first new record since 2005's "Monkey Business."

"It's a new sound," she said. "We're going into the future. We're not doing the same old thing. We're not trying to copy what's out there on the radio. We're being artistic and pushing the envelope."