Forum Cinema em Cena

Oscar 2010: Indicados e Previsões

MacGruber

• Members

Antecipadamente, eu já acho q o Oscar tá para UP IN THE AIR. Só naum fico feliz com a idéia de ver mais uma vez George Clooney indicado, já que acho que suas interpretação são sempre beneficiadas pelo sucesso de seus filmes entre os críticos. Prefiro o Clooney como diretor.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Concordo com você texer, Clooney é um excelente diretor, Boa noite e boa sorte é excepcional, ele deveria levar o Oscar de direção no ano, mas não posso negar que me surpreendi com ele em Conduta de Risco.  Belo treabalho, mas no geral, não gosto dele como ator.

O nosso bolão de apostas' date=' ora. Acho que está na hora sim. Como o Sync desapareceu sugiro que o próprio Beckin seja o responsável dessa vez.

Sobre um duelo Up in the Air Vs. Precious, acho bem provável. Parecem ser 2 filmaços.
[/quote']

Por mim tanto faz 06, mas acho melhor nós acertamos as datas aqui mesmo antes de abrir o tópico novo, não sei se o pessoal vai preferir começar agora ou lá por novembro como foi no ano passado

• Members

Producers guild Changes to Ten

Posted by Sasha Stone On September - 21 - 20097 COMMENTS

PRODUCERS GUILD OF AMERICA AWARDS EXPAND

NOMINATIONS IN BEST PRODUCED MOTION PICTURE CATEGORY

TO INCLUDE TEN FILMS

LOS ANGELES (September 21, 2009) – The Producers Guild of America
announced today that the 2010 PGA Awards nominations in the Darryl F.
Zanuck Producer of the Year Award in Theatrical Motion Pictures
Category will be expanded from five to ten films. The 10 nominees will
be announced on Tuesday, January 5, 2010. The 21st Annual PGA Awards
ceremony will take place on Sunday, January 24,

• Members

Five Biggest Oscar Boosts from Toronto

Posted by Sasha Stone On September - 22 - 20092 COMMENTS

THE-BOYS-ARE-BACK-IN-TOWN_l.jpg

Dave Karger at EW has compiled his list of the top five Oscar boosts from the Toronto Film Fest.   As follows:

1. Up in the Air.

2. Gabourey Sidibe.

3. Colin Firth and Julianne Moore.

4. Clive Owen.

5. Joel and Ethan Coen.

Karger believes that the relatively weak year for original screenplay puts the Coens front and center with their personal (serious) film.  He also points out that Firth
has never been nominated, despite his brilliant performances throughout
his career (more on this later).    Clive Owen could potentially be
nominated, provided there is enough interest in the film.  The actor,
like Firth, has long been overlooked in the lead actor category.  And
of course, what we already knew, Sadibe and Up in the Air plunged ahead.

But from where I sit, other Toronto bumps would include:

Bright Star — the early word on this was wrong and it turns out to be quite a formidable contender.

Precious the film — having Oprah and Tyler Perry show
up put it in a whole different league, and then the audience award
finished the job.

Get Low – now sitting pretty with Sony Pictures Classics as its distributor,
certain to have some prominence in this year’s race, I’d say Best Actor
nod for Robert Duvall and Supporting for Bill Murray, perhaps others.

• Members

Mas foi por isso que você gostou' date=' depois de ter visto um teaser de um filme do Fábio Barreto até Anticristo eu acharia bom. 06[/quote']

Acho que não... o prólogo publicitário "perfumes Carolina Herrera" do Anticristo destrói qualquer memória possível! 06

FeCamargo2009-09-22 13:13:27

• Members

“A Serious Man,” Colin Firth, “Videocracy” Tops With TIFF Critics, Bloggers

by Peter Knegt (Updated 4 hours, 46 minutes ago)

Joel and Ethan Coen’s “A Serious Man” was selected as the best film at the Toronto International Film Festival by an overwhelming majority of film critics and bloggers indieWIRE polled over the weekend by indieWIRE.

With more than 25 writers were surveyed in five different categories, the Coens latest took top honors as Toronto’s best narrative film, finding a place on nearly every single ballot.  Erik Gandini’s “Videocracy” was named best doc, Colin Firth’s work in “A Single Man” was deemed best lead performance, “Precious”‘s Mo’Nique and “Up In The Air”‘s Anna Kendrick tied for best supporting performance (perhaps an inkling towards this year’s best supporting actress race?), while Karyn Kusama’s Diablo Cody-written “Jennifer’s Body” was considered the fest’s worst film.

“A Serious Man” - being released in theaters October 2nd -  was also tops in a supplementary poll that indieWIRE ran through the week, asking critics and bloggers to give a letter grade to 34 of Toronto’s most buzzy titles.  Along with Jason Reitman’s “Up In The Air,” the Coens’ film was among the only titles to receive an “A” level average.

Unlike last year’s edition of this survey, which was topped by Hirokazu Kore-Eda’s “Still Walking,” films that premiered at festivals much earlier in the year - most notably Cannes (“A Prophet,” “Fish Tank”) and Sundance (“Precious”) came into considerable play in the poll. However, this repetition of favorites didn’t seem to frustrate any of those polled.

“Plenty of strong, new work,” one of the polled folks stated.  “Especially ‘Lourdes,’ ‘Videocracy’ and ‘The Road.’ Spirituality was a valid theme du fest, especially religion shot through a secular lens. Yet Toronto’s fucked-up families (the extremes of domesticity?) stayed with me longer: ‘Life During Wartime,’ ‘I Killed My Mother,’ and the nightmarish ‘Dogtooth.’  I’m definitely attending the right festival.”

Another championed the fest’s a broad selection, calling it “very easy for a journalist to navigate.” “It’s a miracle that everything is press-screened,” they continued. “I also love the fact that programmers are geographically specialized, and that they right intelligent entries for each film in the catalog. The films are curated, not just booked, as is the case these days at many festivals—and justified.”

And finally, one Toronto newbie left the fest hungry for more.  “It was my first time at Toronto, and I want to go back,” they said. “Well-organized festival, a great city, and a bewildering sense of everything happening at once. Maybe next time I can actually get a press credential.”

Check out all of indieWIRE‘s coverage of the festival here.

TIFF ‘09 SURVEY RESULTS:

BEST NARRATIVE FILM:
1. A Serious Man, directed by Joel and Ethan Coen (63 points)
2. City of Life and Death, directed by Chuan Lu (20)
3. Up In The Air, directed by Jason Reitman (18)
3. A Prophet, directed by Jacques Audiard (18)
5. Dogtooth, directed by Giorgos Lanthimos (17)
6. Precious, directed by Lee Daniels (16)
7. I Am Love, directed by Luca Guadagnino (11)
7. Hadewijch, directed by Bruno Dumont (11)
7. A Single Man, directed by Tom Ford (11)
7. Lebanon, directed by Samuel Maoz (11)

BEST DOCUMENTARY:
1. Videocracy, directed by Erik Gandini (24)
2. Collapse, directed by Chris Smith   (17)
3. The Art of the Steal, directed by Don Argott (16)
4. The Topp Twins: Untouchable Girls, directed by Leanne Pooley (10)
5. How To Hold a Flag, directed by Petra Epperlein and Michael Tucker (9)

BEST LEAD PERFORMANCE:
1. Colin Firth in “A Single Man” (13)
2. Tilda Swinton in “I Am Love (12)
2. Michael Stuhlbarg in “A Serious Man” (12)
4. Tahar Rahim in “A Prophet” (10)
5. Anne Dorval in “I Killed My Mother” (9)
5. Nicolas Cage in “The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans” (9)
5. Matt Damon in “The Informant!” (9)
5. Katie Jarvis in “Fish Tank” (9)

BEST SUPPORTING PERFORMANCE
1. Mo’Nique in “Precious” (17)
1. Anna Kendrick in “Up In The Air” (17)
3. The supporting cast of “A Serious Man”** (11)
4. Vera Farmiga in “Up In The Air” (10)
5. Julianne Moore in “A Single Man” (6)
5. Michael Fassbender in “Fish Tank” (6)

** Richard Kind, Fred Melamed, Sari Lennick, Aaron Wolff and Benjy Portnoe received a combined total of 11, though individually no one got more than 3.

WORST FILM:
1. Jennifer’s Body, directed by Karyn Kusama (8)
2. Dorian Gray, directed by Oliver Parker (7)
2. Trash Humpers, directed by Harmony Korine (7)
4. Creation, directed by Jon Amiel (6)
5. Survival of the Dead, directed by George A. Romero (5)

SURVEY PARTICIPANTS:
Sam Adams, Philadelphia City Paper, L.A. Times, A.V. Club | Yaseen Ali | Brian Brooks, indieWIRE |  Gregory Ellwood, HitFix | David Fear,  Time Out New York | Howard Feinstein |  Eugene Hernandez, indieWIRE  |  Ben Kenigsberg, Time Out Chicago  |  Peter Knegt, indieWIRE  |  Eric Kohn, indieWIRE |  Michael Koresky, Reverse Shot  | Eric Lavallee, Ion Cinema  | Joe Leydon, Variety | Karina Longworth, Spout | Sean Means, The Salt Lake Tribune  | Noel Murray, A.V. Club | Mark Olsen, LA Times |  David Poland, Movie City News | Steve Ramos |  B. Ruby Rich, SF360  |  Joshua Rothkopf, Time Out New York | Anne Thompson,  Thompson on Hollywood  | Scott Tobias, A.V. Club | Michael Tully, Hammer To Nail | Scott Weinberg, Cinematical | Susan Wloszczyna, USA Today

Tá indo especialmente bem com os críticos mais conceituados, incluindo 4 notas 100 no Metacritic:

Pena que estreiou tão cedo, aposto que a Abbie vai ficar de fora pra dar espaço para uma "estrela" ou alguém cujo filme teje mais fresco na memória.
Beckin2009-09-25 10:18:15

• Members

Com a mudança de regras da premiação, eu acredito que Bright Star tem chances sim. Digo... Ele é o típico exemplar de cinema acadêmico, assim como Benjamin Button, O Leitor, Desejo e Reparação, O Aviador. Aspectos técnicos primorosos mais atuações consistentes. Fora que a Academia gosta bastante da Campion. Eu acredito na indicação. 

GrackCold2009-09-25 10:13:29

• Members

Pessoal parece que anda rolando algumas discordâncias internas na Fox Searchlight quanto ao lançamento de Rabbit Hole de John Cameron Mitchell com a Nicole Kidman e o Aaron Eckhart. O filme já está pronto e parece que o resultado, pelo menos segundo eles, foi bastante satisfatório, porém alguns desejam passar o lançamento dele para este ano, outra parte prefere manter para 2011, já que temem dificuldades no marketing para os trabalhos de Kidman e Swank, "Amelia", no mesmo ano. Como esta pendenga será resolvida? Só Deus sabe... Particularmente, prefiro que Rabbit Hole fique para 2010, assim quem sabe, se The Danish Girl ficar pronto para estrear no mesmo ano, fique inevitável para a Academia, quem sabe, indicar Nicole por algum dos dois e dê fim ao ostracismo profissional que a atriz vive desde 2003.

• Members

Mas esse ostracismo é por total culpa dela. Escolha bizarra de papéis e filmes + deformação por colágeno e botox...Sou da opinião que ela bem merece o que está acontecendo. Mas enfim...

OFF: Horas de Verão do Assayas visto. Que maravilha. Que coisa incrível. Que texto. Que composição! Que locação! Que decupagem! Que atuações! Que final... QUE FILME!!! Entre os melhores do ano fááááácilllll.16

FeCamargo2009-09-26 14:12:02

• Members
Mas esse ostracismo é por total culpa dela. Escolha bizarra de papéis e filmes + deformação por colágeno e botox...Sou da opinião que ela bem merece o que está acontecendo. Mas enfim...

OFF: Horas de Verão do Assayas visto. Que maravilha. Que coisa incrível. Que texto. Que composição! Que locação! Que decupagem! Que atuações! Que final... QUE FILME!!! Entre os melhores do ano fááááácilllll.16

Adoro os comentários do FeCamargo, apesar de uma ou outra arrogância e da defesa xiita de "Foi apenas um Sonho". Mas tem uma coisa que ele sempre cita, e que eu não sei o que é. Afinal, alguém pode me explicar com clareza o que é decupagem?

Preguiça de ir no Google, sorry.08