Forum Cinema em Cena

Oscar 2012: Previsões

Oberon

• Members

Sou super gay por Fassy e Ryan Gosling (não tenho apelido para ele... ainda), sem qualquer constrangimento! Alíás gostar de Oscar, sempre foi uma tradição bem gay para começar! rs Viva la diversité! smiley36

---------------------------

A Separação é um dos melhores filmes do ano! Que roteiro, que direção e que elenco!!! Fahardi tem um olhar tão sensível sobre as relações humanas, sobre o egoísmo, a falta de comunicação... Ao mesmo tempo é um filme tão violento quanto Tropa de Elite. Uma jóia do cinema iraniano. O filme deveria entrar em várias categorias se o mundo fosse justo. rs Melhor Filme Estrangeiro ao que parece é obrigatório. Adoraria uma indicação de coadjuvante surpresa para uma das atrizes do filme, o trabalho delas é lindo! O ator principal também é foda! Enfim, junto com Tintim e Drive, é o meu filme favorito até agora.

Leleo2011-11-24 09:07:18

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Eu já havia adiantado. 06.gif

Eu gosto muito de Tropa 2, não havia curtido o primeiro, mas esse segundo é muito bem resolvido, mas não consigo de forma alguma torcer pelo sucesso dele no Oscar depois de ver A Separação. Como disse o Leleo, se o mundo fosse mais justo era obrigatório em todas as categorias principais do Oscar.

• Members

Me chamou MUITO a atenção como aparece a religião na história. Alá sendo uma entidade inquestionável para os pobres, e a classe média sendo algo que tende mais para a indiferença à religião, tanto que o divórcio tá ali presente. A gente sempre tem a impressão do fundamentalismo, do fanatismo, mas parece haver lá também, pelo o que o filme apresenta, um movimento de queda do sagrado mesmo.

Excelente filme, e corajoso também em função das críticas ao Irã. Há tempos nada me envolvia tanto, fiquei bastante tenso! Ainda não vi Tropa 2, mas duvido um pouco que possa superar "A separação".

______

Ah, e quem vê o Fassy em "Fish tank" e não vira gay.. tem algum problema 06

rselistre2011-11-24 09:57:28

• Members

Variety, Hollywood Reporter e Screendaily publicam suas críticas para The Iron Lady

Meryl-Streep-as-Margaret--007.jpg

Três dos principais veículos americanos do meio, muito menos entusiasmados que as resenhas vindas da Inglaterra, deram uma baixada na bola do filme. Variety, o principal veículo entre os academicos, diz que nem mesmo Meryl Streep consegue salvar o filme. As outras duas publicações são mais condescendentes, ainda que mistas, e dizem que Streep compensa as muitas falhas da fita. O consenso: O filme negligencia vergonhosamente a trajetória política de Thatcher.
Mesmo os elogios à atuação de Streep são moderados. A Variety afirma que ela entrega uma atuação tecnicamente impecável; O Hollywood Reporter ressalta que seu retrato da primeira-ministra é amplamente bem realizado; e a Screendaily diz que ela é a maior força do filme. A empolgação inicial de que se trataria de uma atuação icônica? Nem pensar.

Guy Lodge e Sasha Stone, críticos menores, apontaram o filme como um dos piores do ano. Lodge diz que a performance de Streep não passa de um exemplar trabalho de mímica.

Variety: http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117946640?refcatid=31

Hollywood Reporter: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/iron-lady-review-meryl-streep-margaret-thatcher-265470

Screendaily: http://www.screendaily.com/reviews/the-latest/the-iron-lady/5034957.article
Ronny2011-11-24 17:30:17

• Members

Nikki Finke, colunista do Deadline, aponta os 9 filmes que devem ficar entre os pré-finalistas para o Oscar de Filme Estrangeiro.

Declaration Of War (France)
Sundance Selects, U.S. release date: January 27
8adf861935ca33f6d01d1cf5264c863c.124.52.jpg

Valérie Donzelli’s Declaration Of War has been a huge hit with critics and the public alike. The movie, which opened Cannes Critics’ Week this  year, has sold to more than 30 territories and has already generated over 810,000 admissions in France for distributor-sales agent Wild Bunch. Declaration Of War is based on Donzelli’s own life story. She and her former partner Jérémie Elkaïm play themselves in the film, which charts their fight to save the baby they had toge ther after he is diagnosed with a brain tumor. The film’s success with audiences is largely attributed to its happy ending: the baby survives. Donzelli tells me, “The audience is confronted with the worst thing you can imagine, and yet they see people overcoming the situation. It’s not about the anguish of death but passion for life.”

The Flowers Of War (China)
Distributor and U.S. release TBA

1caef7ad97e0276261f6056a6e16ac9f.124.105.jpg

This marks a return to high drama for China’s favorite director Zhang Yimou and represents his fourth attempt at an Academy Award,
following defeats for Hero (2003), Raise the Red Lantern (1992) and Ju Dou (1991). With a budget of nearly $100 million, The Flowers of War – starring Christian Bale – is Zhang’s most expensive film ever. Zhang’s problem: Judges of the Best Foreign-Language Film category don’t really go for blockbusters. The film is based on events in the former Chinese capital of Nanjing when the Japanese occupied it during the Second World War. Bale plays a mortician who goes to collect the body of an American priest from Nanjing Cathedral, where he discovers local schoolgirls hiding from the carnage outside. Pledging to protect them, he dresses up as a priest and also shelters a group of prostitutes who have arrived at the cathedral. The Flowers of War ran for seven days in a 22-seat Beijing cinema to meet entry standards for the Oscars, which requires films to be  shown in domestic theatres for at least a week. (It’s reportedly 40% English-language and 60% Mandarin, which lets it squeak by one of the Academy’s rules.) Despite little promotion and tickets costing 200 yuan ($30), double the normal price, Zhang’s latest sold out within 40 minutes of its box office opening. Chinese producer New Pictures Films is handling U.S. rights with exec producers Chaoying Deng and David Linde and Stephen Saltzman of Loeb & Loeb. There’s no U.S. deal yet.

Footnote (Israel)
Sony Pictures Classics, U.S. release: February

00e003ec3b47f2152615268f0dfc7679.124.82.jpg

A film about bitter rivalry between two Hebrew scholars forensically examining the Talmud does not sound like a bundle of laughs. So it’s a delight to find that Footnote is a Mozartian comedy, about a father and son who are rival professors at a university. Writer/director Joseph Cedar got the idea after a mix-up when the Italians offered him the wrong award. This got him thinking about what would happen if there was similar confusion for the prestigious Israel Prize, awarded once a year for outstanding achievement in arts and sciences. Cedar excavated his story while researching the obscure Talmudic research department of Hebrew University in Jerusalem. Footnote was also partly inspired by his own troubled relationship with his world-renowned biologist father, Howard Cedar. Cedar’s research paid off when he took home the Best Screenplay Prize at the Cannes Film Festival. Cedar was previously nominated for Best Foreign Language Oscar in 2008 for Beaufort, and the country also picked up nominations the following two years for Waltz With Bashir and Ajami.

Le Havre (Finland)
Janus Films, U.S. release: October 21

2ec756d692e496c7cc058a20e4ee41e2.124.82.jpg

There is a question as to whether director Aki Kaurismäki will even attend the Oscars should Le Havre be nominated. He has only just ended his “personal boycott” of the USA, which he imposed after the U.S. invasion of Iraq. Kaurismäki told the Academy he could not attend the 2003 Oscars when his The Man Without a Past was nominated in the same category “while the United States is preparing to commit a criminal act towards humanity for shameless personal economic reasons”. Politics are much less upfront in Kaurismäki’s new film Le Havre. Shot in French – a language Kaurismäki admits he doesn’t understand – Le Havre is the purely enjoyable story of a former author who has turned his back on Parisian literary life to go and live in the French port as a shoeshine man. There he befriends an illegal African immigrant child and has to decide whether to blow his anonymity by saving the boy. Kaurismäki has been described as Finland’s Jim Jarmusch with his idiosyncratic films and spoof Soviet kitsch rock band, the Leningrad Cowboys. “The more skeptical and cynical I get, the softer are my films,” Kaurismäki said recently. “I can’t help it. I start to be tender in my old age. I even start to like my characters.”

In Darkness (Poland)
Sony Pictures Classics, U.S. release: January

d04253cab02fa0b040268750f2a47894.124.82.jpg

The latest from director Agnieszka Holland returns her to the Holocaust, the subject of both her films previously nominated for Academy Awards: best adapted screenplay in 1992 for Europa Europa and in 1986 for Best Foreign-Language Film Angry Harvest. She admits it is a subject that has never really ended for her. Her Jewish grandparents died in the Warsaw Ghetto during the Second World War. Based on Robert Marshall’s nonfiction book, In Darkness tells the true story of a group of Jews hiding in the sewers in Lvov, Poland who are helped – for money – by a Polish Catholic sewer worker. What starts out as a straightforward and cynical business arrangement becomes something unexpected as the sewer worker is compelled to save these men, women and children all trying to outwit certain death. “How many honest movies have you seen about the Holocaust?” she asks,  “For me it was the frontline event of our time that asks so many questions, and there will never be definitive answers.” Holland originally turned the project down – twice – because the German and Polish co-producers insisted that In Darkness be shot in English. She felt equally strongly that the story should be told in the original ghetto languages: Polish, German, Yiddish and Ukrainian. “I felt it would be difficult to tell the truth if it was shot in English,” she tells me. The Polish director rejected this Hollywood-ized version despite working as a director on AMC’s The Killing.

Miss Bala (Mexico)
20th Century Fox, U.S. release: January 20

d07d91f584bbc894cd233eb86e0827dd.124.82.jpg

Miss Bala (translation Miss Bullet), is a reaction to what director Gerardo Naranjo calls “the virus of melodrama.” Inspired by a real event, Miss Bala is set in the Mexican border city of Tijuana and follows Laura, an innocent teenager who inadvertently gets caught up in a violent drug war on her way to compete in the Miss Baja California beauty pageant. Trapped in a no-win situation, the innocent is forced to become an unwilling participant in Mexico’s so-called war on drugs – a conflict that has claimed the lives of more people than the casualties of wars in Iraq or Afghanistan. An unrelentingly bleak account of man’s inhumanity to man, the power of Miss Bala comes from the ignorance of the heroine, who’s just as much in the dark about what’s going on as the audience. “This is Laura’s story rather than a violently glamorous story of the drugs trade, and our golden rule was to never leave the point of view of our character,” says co-writer Mauricio Katz. Given the production values, it is hard to believe Naranjo brought Miss Bala in at thrifty production cost of $1.5 million, including an extraordinary 90-second shootout, which he completed in one take. CAA recently signed Naranjo, who says he has been offered a lot of action movies on the back of Miss Bala – not surprising given the American Film Institute graduate’s virtuoso technique. For now, Naranjo is more interested in challenging himself with a more international canvas. Should he score the ultimate prize, Naranjo would be the first Mexican director to win an Oscar for Best Foreign-Language Film – despite the country being nominated eight times since 1957.

Once Upon A Time In Anatolia (Turkey)
Cinema Guild, release: January

5b5b2b3e7fda11d0b495fc8524f5df44.124.52.jpg

A true auteur, Nuri Bilge Ceylan co-wrote, directed, produced, lit, edited, color-graded and even mixed the sound for Once Upon a Time In Anatolia. He has been called the Satyajit Ray of Turkey. Once Upon A Time In Anatolia is based on the experience of his co-writer, real-life doctor Ercan Kesal and follows the search for a dead body on the Anatolia steppe. When the dead man is found at last, themes of guilt and adultery are dug up with him.

A Separation (Iran)
Sony Pictures Classics, U.S. release: December 30

8391e01e307694b749a232dcf159cbb3.124.82.jpg

The first time director Asghar Farhadi knew about production on his film A Separation being shut down was when he received a text message from Iran’s deputy culture minister. Farhadi’s alleged crime was speaking out on behalf of banned Iranian filmmakers such as his friend Jafar Panahi, who faces six years in jail on top of a 20-year moviemaking ban. Filming on A Separation was suspended for two weeks until Farhadi made the right noises and the ban was lifted. “They wanted to give me a heads-up and warn me that if I speak out, there are going to be consequences,” he tells me over the phone from Tehran. Seen as the one to beat in this year’s competition, A Separation won the Golden Bear in Berlin. If nominated, it would mark the second time that the country will be on the Foreign-Language Oscar ballot (Children Of Heaven, 1999). A Separation begins with a middle-class couple before a judge: the wife wants to escape Iran with their daughter; her husband feels he must stay behind and look after his father who’s dying from Alzheimer’s. They separate. The husband hires a burka-wearing peasant woman from the country as his father’s caregiver – with disastrous consequences. The couple is re-united in the court room, except this time the fault line is class difference. Given what has happened to other Iranian directors, Farhadi knows how careful he must be when speaking publicly. He is also aware that should he hoist the Oscar, his situation at home will become more precarious. Says Farhadi, “The more attention I get, the harder things get for me. Parts of the government are always going to find an excuse to dislike this kind of cinema.”

Where Do We Go Now? (Lebanon)
Sony Pictures Classics, U.S. release: Spring

e3ad200b5669083e594f92a350ebae35.124.82.jpg

Nadine Labaki’s comedy drama won the Toronto Film Festival audience award, which, having gone to titles like The King’s Speech and Slumdog Millionaire, is seen as a bellwether for Oscar success. Iran’s A Separation, seen as the front-runner for this year’s best Foreign Language Film Oscar, was runner-up. The Lebanese director, who says moviemaking is therapy for her, got the idea for the film in May 2008 when she was pregnant with her first child and Lebanon stood on the brink of sectarian violence. As every parent knows, the world is really divided between those who have had children and those who haven’t. Labaki worried what she would do if her teenager was called up to fight. Set in a remote village where church and mosque stand side by side, Where Do We Go Now? follows a group of Lebanese women who try to stop their blowhard men from starting a religious war. Their diversionary tactics include hash cookies and hiring a troupe of Ukrainian strippers. Growing up in Beirut, Labaki was influenced by repeat viewings of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs as a child. There were no famous local directors she could hold up as paragons, so she had to teach herself: “I’m learning from my mistakes.”

_____
Ronny2011-11-24 18:20:26

• Members

Pete Hammond (Deadline) diz que Cavalo de Guerra, emocionante e tradicional, é quase tributo de Spielberg a David Lean

http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/hammond-war-horse-screens-and-campaign-begins-can-spielberg-win-another-oscar/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave Karger, da Entertainment Weekly, também gostou:

Dave%20Karger

davekarger

Dave Karger

Okay, I'm now allowed to tell you that the sure-fire Best Pic nominee I saw earlier this month was War Horse. A gorgeous and moving film.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff Sneider, da Variety, acha que a meia hora inicial é ruim, mas depois o filme se recupera:

@TheInSneiderJeff Sneider

I think it's definitely in the Best Picture race but it's not quite a

winner. That first half-hour of non-stop plowing is kind of a mess...

1 minute agovia web

@TheInSneiderJeff Sneider

Once the horse goes off to battle, then the movie picks up. Story does a

great job moving the horse to folks on different sides of the war.

1 minute agovia web

Cremildo2011-11-24 22:05:16

• Members

nada contra, mas me tirem dessa lista ai 06

se a streep já não é tão unânime, qual das outras 3 vem se destacando mais segundo os criticos? close, davis ou williams?

tropa de elite 2 nem entre os 9 melhores?? estão de brincadeira né? ah, é aquela categoria louca de filmes estrangeiros 06

é, parece q war horse irá brigar pelas cabeças ... tirando o filme do daldry q ninguém viu, acho q a briga é the descendants vs war horse (the artist azarão correndo por fora), imo

em quem vcs acreditam?

• Members

Albert Nobbs visto. Queria muito gostar. Mas não rolou.

Não consegui me conectar com a história. Tudo me pareceu muito insípido, sem vida, por mais que o(a) protagonista seja fascinante. A fotografia, a direção de arte, o figurino são perfeitos. O elenco é muito bom, o filme não é só Glenn Close. Janet McTeer é muito oscarizável. Mia Wasikowska está tb excelente. Uma atriz, no entanto, me chamou muito a atenção e, ao que parece, não é mencionada por ninguém: Pauline Collins, que interpreta a dona da pensão onde trabalha Nobbs. Excelentíssima performance. Não conhecia a atriz, fui pesquisar sobre ela e descobri que ela concorreu ao Oscar como lead em 1989!

Close faz um trabalho belíssimo, mas contidíssimo. É um personagem bem atípico na carreira dela. Tudo está nas postura, no olhar, na impostação da voz. É uma composição de mestre. No entanto, não é um show, não é o acontecimento que poderíamos esperar. Assim como o filme em geral, é meio sem vida, é triste, é invernal.

Meu problema foi sobretudo com o que o roteiro fez de personagens a princípio tão interessantes... ao meu ver mal explorados. É uma história sem clímax. Ao mesmo tempo reconheço o esforço de García de não fazer da história um novelão (o que poderia ser bem o caso), evitando o excesso de sentimentalismo.

Vou revê-lo de qualquer forma em breve, tomara que consiga me identificar mais com filme. Talvez eu que esteja num mau dia.

• Members

Eu já não tenho mesmo muitas expectativas para esse projeto. Rodrigo Garcia, no frigir dos ovos, vem decepcionando muito mais que acertando.

A Pauline Collins fez aquele Shirley Valentine, um xarope! E o que mais me anima é ter a Mia Wasikowska, que é excelente, mas também pode não ser capaz de salvar um filme (vide Jane Eyre, aquele outro xarope, que é também com o Fassbender). Aliás, Mia entra em cartaz amanhã com o novo Van Sant, Restless. Esse sim, me desperta bastante interesse!

• Members

Considero essas primeiras resenhas pra War Horse sintomáticas. Boas, mas daí se chega num grande veículo como a Variety e já nos deparamos com sérias ressalvas. Isso tá bem coerente com as primeiras e avulsas reações aos screenings de dias atrás. Todos dizem se tratar de um bom Spielberg, tocante e bem feito, mas não de um grande Spielberg.

Enfim, é cedo. E não tou dizendo que o filme não será indicado. Há dois dias disse a um amigo: A AMPAS vai querer um old school pop pra enfeitar sua cerimonia. Ninguem melhor que Spielberg pra isso. Daí o filme só precisa ser bonzinho pra ser indicado.

Parece o caso.

• Members

Albert Nobbs tá com legendas em português?  As vezes meu ouvido é preguiçoso e não acompanha esses filmes mais lentos.  Não aconteceu com o pavoroso Black Swan, que vi de prima sem legendas e sem problemas, estava tudo muito claro (até a bomba que é). 

Essas listas pra Foreign são loucuras!  Daí eu só aposto MESMO no iraniano, que certamente vai levar.  A não inclusão de Tropa 2 não significa muito, eles não estão colocando os melhores, mas aqueles que, teoricamente, apresentam maiores chances dos velhinhos chatinhos sem sexo da Academia gostarem.  Mesmo que eu não acredite que vai entrar (só tem uma pequena esperança, mas todo ano eu tenho06).

E ainda acho que o filme do Daldry vai ser O filme do ano (o que não significa MELHOR, mas aquele que os caras vão cair de quatro e que, aparentemente, tem MUITA cara de Oscar).

• Members

sim, entendi a parte q ele será indicado sync. só q ai depois o karger diz q o filme é lindo e comovente! sendo q outras pessoas disseram o mesmo, isto é, vc pega um filme tocante, muitíssimo bem realizado, e num ano q não desponta nenhuma fortíssima concorrência ... tudo me leva a crer q no final das contas war horse brigará de perto

mas ai eu olho agora pro filme q vc tá torcendo esse ano sync E ... PESSOAL, RISQUEM WAR HORSE DA LISTA DOS POSSíVEIS VENCEDORES

coitado do cavalinho 06

eu esqueci de postar, vi a um tempo atrás aquele filme like crazy vencedor do sundance (eu acho) ... muito, muito fraquinho! não sei como cogitaram a felicity jones como possível indicada a oscar. olsen dá um banho se formos comparar as 2 atuações 'independentes' do ano, GO OLSEN 16

e yelchin deve ter feito um congelamento facial (contra a velhice talvez) e mantêm a mesma expressão o tempo todo 06