Forum Cinema em Cena

Oscar 2013: Previsões

Nightcrawler

• Members

Lincoln é bem recebido no New York Film Festival

Clayton Davis ‏@AwardsCircuit

LINCOLN soars and Spielbergs best in years #NYFF

Brian Whisenant ‏@brianwhisenant

Out of Lincoln. Not sure what I can say...so will keep it brief. Look at my pic as you read these words. Tommy Lee Jones!

Spielberg in definite contention for Oscar number three. #NYFF#LINCOLN

Lincoln movie is unlike any other Spielberg movie in that it's almost entirely driven by dialogue instead of action or visuals

Lincoln: Daniel Day-Lewis completely embodies the POTUS. Kushner's writing is brilliant. Spielberg works magic.

Tommy Lee Jones just locked down that Supporting Actor nom

Cant get over how intricate Lincoln's script was & how superbly the ensemble gave it a voice under Spielberg's orchestration

erickohn ‏@erickohn

Colleague asked me to characterize the LINCOLN reaction @thenyff. Better than it was for the trailer. It's what it is, but decently so.

Edward Douglas ‏@EDouglasWW

Either way, Lincoln should be good for 12 Oscar nominations and 4 easy wins...which will be detailed on CS soon.

Matt Patches ‏@misterpatches

Spielberg's Lincoln turns a defining moment in history into a human story. Day-Lewis is dynamic, but it's a great ensemble piece. #NYFF

Spielberg's Lincoln turns a defining moment in history into a human story. Day-Lewis is dynamic, but it's a great ensemble piece. #NYFF

Either way, Lincoln should be good for 12 Oscar nominations and 4 easy wins...which will be detailed on CS soon.

The Film Society ‏@FilmLinc

Standing ovation at #NYFF now as Steven Spielberg takes stage with writer Tony Kushner. Another as he intros Daniel Day Lewis & Sally Field.

Lincoln is heavy on the politics. But I loved all the behind-the-curtain government stuff. Kushner's playwright roots all over it. #NYFF

Whoopi Goldberg ‏@WhoopiGoldberg

I have just seen the MOST exteoadenary film directed by Stephen Speilberg & it's called Lincoln. w/ Daniel Day Lewis who will make u forget

Rudie Obias ‏@Rudie_Obias

For those worried, "Lincoln" is much better than "War Horse."

Anyother actor you've ever seen do Lincoln. It's beyond AMAZing. Tommy Lee Jones is flawless. This is a film the likes of which hasn't

Bilge Ebiri ‏@BilgeEbiri

Spielberg's LINCOLN is the best film Roberto Rossellini never made. Also one of the best Spielberg did make. #notareview

Wilson Morales ‏@blackfilm

Lincoln is epic! Spielberg now on stage with Tony Kushner. Gave shout to Daniel Day Lewis and Sally Field, who are sitting in the balcony.

And man, there is so much comedy in Lincoln! Spielberg doesn't shy away from the craziness of Congress, even in a dire scenario.

Last 140 character Lincoln thought: James Spader steals the show. #NYFF

Forrest Cardamenis ‏@FCardamenis

LINCOLN: too chatty, no drama, underperforming cast but good sets. Made relevant to politics today, but not in any interesting way.

The battle scenes in "Lincoln" take place on the Congress floor and not the battle fields of the Civil War.

ckoh ‏@ckoh Buoyed by Kushner's magnificent script & an impeccable cast with standouts by Day Lewis & Jones, Spielberg's Lincoln @TheNYFF soars

Devin Fuller ‏@DevFull

Lincoln is perhaps one of Spielberg's more understated films (some will probably call it boring).

Bilge Ebiri ‏@BilgeEbiri

Also I think Kushner is as much the auteur of LINCOLN as Spielberg is. His understanding of myth, process, history is all over this.

Victor Dos Santos ‏@2slick4vic

Lincoln though, my God, what a snore. Spielberg should try and stop making War Horse 2 and start making something... less generic #nyff

Steven Zeitchik ‏@ZeitchikLAT

Lincoln is wonky, lyrical and compelling. #nyff #Spielberg

Tommy Lee Jones is pretty great in Lincoln. Amazing that the ensemble can stand out against Day-Lewis.

kateyrich ‏@kateyrich

Lincoln's got the best ensemble of bearded character actors ever. The quality of the movie varies wildly based on how many are on screen.

Daniel Day-Lewis much more understated and playful than the scenery-chewing trailer suggests. #nyff #lincoln

Logan Hill ‏@loganhill33

Spielberg's Lincoln at #NYFF was rock solid monument to Abe, a bounce back from War Horse. Predix: Oscar noms galore. Tommy Lee Jones FTW

Sean O'Connell ‏@Sean_OConnell

“Lincoln” wows the crowds at New York Film Festival “Secret Screening” – OSCARS

Logan ‏@SamuraiCicero

So, Lincoln is a really good film.

James Sims ‏@SimsJames

Just leaving the screening of Spielberg's "Lincoln" @lincolncenter. Powerful film followed by a nice Q&A with Kushner and Spielberg.

Tom Shone ‏@Tom_Shone

Daniel Day Lewis in Lincoln: a terrific blend of vibrancy and weariness, riding currents he cannot control, self amused and sagacious

kateyrich ‏@kateyrich

Also met @joereid long enough to form Oscar nerd hive mind opinion that Tommy Lee Jones can easily win Supporting Actor. He stealsLincoln

• Members

Cremildo, um pessoal no Facebook estava postando um monte de comentários bem negativos sobre o filme de críticos no Twitter (embora todos coloquem nas alturas a atuação de Tommy Lee Jones). Acho que a recepção não está tão boa assim. Muitos estão dizendo que o filme é extremamente tedioso, mais ou menos como uma aula burocrática de história.

• Members

A maioria dos comentários coletados pelo Awards Daily e que eu mesmo cacei no Twitter foram bem positivos - incluindo de publicações de respeito como a Reverse Shot. Injusto dizer que as reações foram mornas ou ruins, num aspecto geral.

Vou fazer um levantamento...

POSITIVOS

LINCOLN soars and Spielbergs best in years #NYFF

Anthony Breznican ‏@Breznican

LINCOLN is dense, intense, and a furious and impassioned look at a president who did the right thing but was no saint.

ckoh@ckoh

Buoyed by Kushner's magnificent script & an impeccable cast with standouts by Day Lewis & Jones, Spielberg's Lincoln @TheNYFF soars

Andrew Ku@PlaybillAndrewK

Lincoln movie is unlike any other Spielberg movie in that it's almost entirely driven by dialogue instead of action or visuals #NYFF

Hollywood.com: It's a change of pace for Spielberg, and a welcome one. With all the bells and whistles that come with being the biggest director of all time, Lincoln looks amazing, sounds amazing, and has enough talent to make it an exhilarating learning experience. http://www.hollywood....eview/41929149

Brian Whisenant ‏@brianwhisenant

Out of Lincoln. Not sure what I can say...so will keep it brief. Look at my pic as you read these words. Tommy Lee Jones!

Roger Friedman @Showbiz 411: "It’s an ambitious film that starts slowly but builds furiously to an epic grandeur. Yes of course it’s a definite Best Picture nominee with wonderful, memorable performances and a top notch script that is sometimes too talky but great to listen to."

Briccio@SarkKensei

@AwardsDaily its a brilliant film. Very much more a play than a film but that's not a bad thing. The acting is superb all around. #lincoln

I have just seen the MOST exteoadenary film directed by Stephen Speilberg & it's called Lincoln. w/ Daniel Day Lewis who will make u forget

For those worried, "Lincoln" is much better than "War Horse."

Bilge Ebiri ‏@BilgeEbiri

Spielberg's LINCOLN is the best film Roberto Rossellini never made. Also one of the best Spielberg did make. #notareview

Wilson Morales ‏@blackfilm

Lincoln is epic!

Lincoln is wonky, lyrical and compelling. #nyff #Spielberg

Logan Hill ‏@loganhill33

Spielberg's Lincoln at #NYFF was rock solid monument to Abe, a bounce back from War Horse. Predix: Oscar noms galore. Tommy Lee Jones FTW

Logan ‏@SamuraiCicero

So, Lincoln is a really good film.

David Krasner ‏@KrasnerDavid

Lincoln is an amazing movie. Brilliant, political, smart, funny, entertaining, restrained with majestic perfs from DDL, SField, TLJ#NYFF

James Sims ‏@SimsJames

Just leaving the screening of Spielberg's "Lincoln" @lincolncenter. Powerful film followed by a nice Q&A with Kushner and Spielberg.

Joey Magidson ‏@JoeyMagidson

I have a lot to say about 'Lincoln', but I'll start with this...wow.

ErikDavis ‏@ErikDavis

I loved a lot about Lincoln, especially the performances from every single character actor in existence. Day Lewis is a beast.

Ryan Charles Brown ‏@senatorbrown

Mr. Spielberg.... "Lincoln" was fantastic by the way.

Alexander M. Roth ‏@alexandermroth

LINCOLN: Sorry Joaquin Phoenix, Daniel Day Lewis just stole your Academy Award. The film is masterfully directed by Steven Spielberg an written by Tony Kushner!

Devin Fuller ‏@DevFull

I liked Lincoln more than I thought I would. So take that as a recommendation. #NYFF

April Roberts ‏@AprilESRoberts

Amazing night at #NYFF - Spielberg's LINCOLN has amazing performances all around - Daniel Day Lewis inhabits the role utterly

Tomris Laffly ‏@TomiLaffly

LINCOLN's beautifully restrained. Evidently product of a playwright. Folks will talk about DDL, but Tommy Lee Jones steals the show.#NYFF

Joey Magidson ‏@JoeyMagidson

Lincoln: the entire cast is excellent, Spielberg does his best work since Saving Private Ryan, and it's incredibly relevant politically...

eugene hernandez ‏@eug

Just saw LINCOLN at #NYFF. Swept up by grand Americana theatricality & strong perfs. 1800s West Wing? A bit. Engrossing political melodrama!

The Mutiny Company ‏@MutinyCo

Lincoln is basically Spielberg's "The Social Network."

Reverse Shot ‏@reverse_shot

LINCOLN: Sophisticated, erudite political procedural from Spielberg and Kushner. Genuinely superb.

Bladimiar Norman@Bladiator

Lincoln is a wonderful and important film.

Paul Yarbrough@paulyarbrough

Pardon me while I wipe away all my Lincoln tears. Goddamn Day-Lewis, goddamn.

michelle@popgirlnyc

Lincoln: Daniel Day-Lewis completely embodies the POTUS. Kushner's writing is brilliant. Spielberg works magic. #NYFF

MEIA-BOCA

erickohn ‏@erickohn

Colleague asked me to characterize the LINCOLN reaction @thenyff. Better than it was for the trailer. It's what it is, but decently so.

kateyrich ‏@kateyrich

Lincoln's got the best ensemble of bearded character actors ever. The quality of the movie varies wildly based on how many are on screen.

Cindy T ‏@hula_doll

People in the screening are raving about "Lincoln." I liked it. Didn't love it. Parts of it are tighter than others.

Jio de Leon ‏@jiodeleon

Betting very strong Tommy Lee Jones campaign for Supporting, and DDL for Actor. Long speeches, long scenes, lots of emotion. #Lincoln #NYFF

Aaron Dobbs ‏@AaronOOF

Yes, it was LINCOLN: Found it fascinating but flawed. Day-Lewis is amazing in most humanized portrait of Lincoln I've ever seen.#NYFF

Christopher Rosen ‏@chrisjrosen

Lots to like in Lincoln, lots to cut (all of JoGo?), but it's mostly very good. DDL and Sally Field should practice their speeches #nyff

Julia ‏@Where_is_Julia

Just saw "Lincoln" @ Alice Tully Hall. Needs some more work but Daniel Day-Lewis has an Oscar nomination in his hands. #NYFF

Bram Benderoff ‏@Bramsky600

Another thing about #Lincoln. Tommy Lee Jones is at his best. It's a shame it wasn't for a more balanced movie. Give him an oscar!#NYFF

NEGATIVOS

Forrest Cardamenis ‏@FCardamenis

LINCOLN: too chatty, no drama, underperforming cast but good sets. Made relevant to politics today, but not in any interesting way.

Victor Dos Santos ‏@2slick4vic

Lincoln though, my God, what a snore. Spielberg should try and stop making War Horse 2 and start making something... less generic #nyff

david ehrlich ‏@davidehrlich

LINCOLN is Spielberg's smallest film since ALWAYS. best when portraying a man isolated by incalculable burden. script divided against itself

@GotMilk43: #Lincoln DDL gives a tour de force performance, to bad the film is a dullish bore. good luck getting through this one! C+

Cory Everett ‏@modage

Everything you need to know about "Lincoln": it'll be shown in history classes but not in film classes. After awards season it's a footnote.

Murtada Elfadl ‏@ME_Says

#Lincoln makes a sorta thriller out of passing law. Misses in connecting story to real people except briefly with Tommy Lee

• Members

muito bom saber q a recepção por lincoln em geral foi muito boa

e q o elenco deve ser indicado em peso: DDL, field, jones ......

roteiro, etc

agora só falta o sync escolher o silver linings playbook, e tudo estará perfeito! :lol:

e apesar de alguns acreditarem q os 3 podem preparar seus discursos pro oscar, vale lembrar q os 3 já venceram, e portanto sabemos como essas coisas funcionam

talvez eu prefira q outros atores tenham melhor sorte dessa vez, isso claro se essas outras atuações forem de grande nivel tb

eu sou da corrente q p/ levar um oscar, deve ser pensado a carreira do artista tb p/ não chegar lá na frente e depois perguntarem: pq esse grande ator/atriz nunca venceu 1 oscar?

• Members

Apesar de a temporada de pré-premiações não ter começado, desde já afirmo que vou me surpreender se Day-Lewis conseguir tirar o Oscar de Joaquin Phoenix. Ademais, na imensa maioria dos tweets, o destaque foi dado para Tommy Lee Jones - que vai ter de bater cabeça com Philip Seymour Hoffman...

Ui, o Oscar 2013 vai ser interessante.

• Members

pelo tweet do carinha na outra página, diz: desculpe phoenix, mas lewis acabou de roubar o seu prêmio do oscar

a questão é: será q esquecem q ddl já tem 2 oscars, e principalmente o hawkes q faz um deficiente fisico onde a academia adora?

hj eu colocaria:

1- hawkes

2- phoenix

3- ddl

4- hopkins

5- cooper

já em coadj. ai sim acredito q jones tem maiores chances, já q os atores adoram ele e hoffman venceu a poucos anos atrás

só não podendo descartar o comeback do de nirow ai por 1 dos filmes favoritos por alguns

field é principal ou coadjuvante? pq acho existia essa dúvida

• Members

Muita gente achava que a Academia não iria premiar Meryl Streep pela 3ª vez no lugar da Viola Davis... Deu no que deu. Se bem que Streep tinha 1 de Melhor Atriz e outro de Coadjuvante, e Day-Lewis já tem 2 de Ator.

Ainda acho que Phoenix ganha, mas dizem que ele é antissocial e isso poderia lhe custar a vitória na hora de fazer merchan de si mesmo pros acadêmicos (mas isso é tentar prever o comportamento dele, e gente como Mo'Nique ganhou sem ficar fazendo firula).

• Members

cremildo,

mas ai é bem diferente, a streep ok, tinha 2 oscars, mas estava consecutivamente sendo indicada ano após ano, e a pressão aumentava cada vez mais p/ ela ganhar o terceiro oscar, algo no caso do ddl passa longe já q ele venceu o seu segundo faz pouco tempo

já houveram vários exemplos onde a academia deixou de dar o segundo ou o terceiro oscar p/ alguém por ser um excesso ... too much? não lembro da expressão ao certo, mas o rubens falou isso exatamente qd o hanks deixou de levar o terceiro por o náufrago

qt ao phoenix ser anti-social eu não sei, eu sinceramente me distancio completamente qt ao comportamento dos atores fora da tela. não me interessa de forma alguma suas intimidades, o q eles fazem fora dela, pq é a privacidade deles, assim como eu não gostaria q entrassem na minha. agora claro se ele chegar em público e fazer comentários antissemitas, anti-raciais ou qq coisa q a sociedade o condene, ele vai sofrer as consequências e isso não será apenas refletido pela quantidade de votos a favor. bom, não sei exatamente o q o phoenix fez, além de dizer q não atuaria nunca mais, só q se não passou disso, creio q não haverá problemas qt ao seu lobby pró-oscar

• Members

Acho que o Phoenix está realmente pirado, o que acabou como uma luva pra ele esse personagem, um ator com um grandíssimo futuro no cinema como o Bale que já teve sua estatueta.

Devia ter se tratado do trauma do falecimento do irmão mais famoso na época, desde então só ouvimos na mídia as loucuras que ele andou fazendo.

• Members

A questão da Streep é mais profunda, já que ganhou 30 anos depois do seu último. E a expressão usada pelo Rubens, Dark, foi: "too much, too soon". E o vencedor no lugar do verdadeiro merecedor (Hanks) sofreu disso o ano seguinte, quando ali sim era o melhor e devia ter ganho (Crowe).

• Members

Minhas previsões desta semana:

FILME:

1. Argo

2. Lincoln

3. Silver Linings Playbook

4. Beasts of the Southern Wild

5. The Master

6. Life of Pi

7. Flight

8. Les Misérables

DIRETOR

1. Ben Affleck, Argo

2. David O. Russell, Silver Linings Playbook

3. P.T. Anderson, The Master

4. Steven Spielberg, Lincoln

5. Ang Lee, Life of Pi

ATOR

1. Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln

2. Joaquin Phoenix, The Master

3. John Hawkes, The Sessions

4. Denzel Washington, Flight

5. Hugh Jackman, Les Misérables

ATRIZ

1. Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook

2. Quvenzhané Wallis, Beasts of the Southern Wild

3. Keira Knightley, Anna Karenina

4. Marion Cotillard, De rouille et d'os

5. Helen Mirren, Hitchcock

ATOR COADJUVANTE

1. Tommy Lee Jones, Lincoln

2. Philip Seymour Hoffman, The Master

3. Alan Arkin, Argo

4. Robert De Niro, Silver Linings Playbook

5. Matthew McConaughey, Magic Mike

ATRIZ COADJUVANTE

1. Anne Hathaway, Les Misérables

2. Amy Adams, The Master

3. Helen Hunt, The Sessions

4. Maggie Smith, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

5. Sally Field, Lincoln

• Members

bem-vindo de volta sync, guidon

pois é, e o fórum conseguiu ao q parece excluir meu antigo user! hieuheuiheiuhe

vamos ver se outras bizarrices páram de acontecer ... eu gostava dos smiles do antigo fórum, rs (ué, agora reparei q atualizaram +/- minha qtd de posts antigas, mas a minha data de cadastramento no site q era de 2006 e a antiga imagem já eram! don't worry admins, rsrs)

qt ao oscar ... eu não diria q lincoln é o novo front-runner já q os comentários parecem q foram bem mais positivos para argo, silver linings playbook e life of pi

porém por 1 outro lado, esse é 1 filme com mais cara de oscar q os outros 3, afinal 1 drama histórico normalmente é mais considerado q um thriller, filme de comédia ou aventura

qt ao phoenix, o q ele fez além de ter abandonado a carreira de ator e entrado numa banda de rock? pq se foi apenas isso, não vejo 1 problema tão grande assim, já q o rourke tb abandonou a carreira de ator p/ se tornar pugilista. e ok, na época do johnny e june ele chegava nos lugares como um tipo meio depressivo por conta da morte do irmão anos antes, mas até aí ...

vlw guidon, é isso aí. e vc tem razão, essa situação do hanks fez o crowe vencer 1 oscar prematuramente e no ano seguinte ele perdeu numa incrivel performance por uma mente brilhante p/ o denzel washington q não estava tão brilhante assim

• Members

Só agora q eu vi q já tinha opiniões sobre o Life of Pi (tava por fora mesmo).

E, sei não hein, parece ser um filme bonito e emocional, bem no tipão Oscar.

Argo já é um filme mais sério, mas para mim pesa o fato do diretor ser Ben Afleck. Ele não tem lá mta moral não. Mas tem um grande elenco e certamente isso o levará para as cabeças.

Playbook me parece mto "fora do padrão Oscar", mas isso já dissemos para filmes que ganharam recentemente, logo, é esperar pra ver.

Lincoln será indicado a melhor filme. Isso parece certo. Agora, vencer é outra história. Vai depender mto dos outros concorrentes, creio eu.

• Members

skellington, pelo metacritic e imdb: frankenweenie, paranorman e brave estão equibrados. espero q o brave caia fora e entre wreck-it ralph (q ainda não foi lançado) e é sobre um vilão dos videogames q decide se tornar herói. agora, se não rolar, vou torcer pro do burton mesmo

bem maneiro o trailer do hitch. espero q descole ao menos indicação p/ o elenco

e o jackman já mostrou ser ótimo ator e pelo trailer parece q está muito bem. torço p/ q ele pegue ao menos a última vaga

bom, esse é só ano q vem, mas como é do scorsa:

Matthew McConaughey perde 14 quilos para interpretar vítima da Aids em filme

• matthew-mcconaughey-perde-peso-para-atuar-em-filme-71012-1349803818651_300x420.jpg

Neste último domingo (7), Matthew McConaughey foi fotografado em Austin, no Texas, com uma aparência diferente daquela saudável pela qual é conhecido.

O ator perdeu cerca de 14 quilos para viver um portador do vírus HIV no filme "The Wolf of Wall Street", dirigido por Martin Scorsese.

Ele interpretará Ron Woodrood, personagem real que morreu vítima da Aids nos anos 1980. No filme, McConaughey também contracenará com Leonardo Di Caprio.

Durante o talk show "Larry King Live", o ator falou sobre sua perda de peso. "Não terei aparência saudável enquanto isto durar".

McConaughey ainda disse que bebe chá para enganar o corpo. "Estou tomando muito chá. Demora um tempo para o corpo entender que terá de tirar sustento dele mesmo e que não virá nenhuma comida de fora".

• Members

Seria Frankenweenie, de Tim Burton, o front runner entre as animações, neste momento?

Acho que a categoria não tem nenhum front runner. Frankenweenie está indo mal na bilheteria, e isso pode prejudicá-lo.

E não podemos nos esquecer de The secret world of Arriety, é bem o estilo de animação que a Academia gosta de indicar.

• Members

Estava dando uma olhada no IMDB e pude perceber que a companheira de um sucesso do Mathew, Kate Hudson, não sabe mesmo levar a carreira. Só tem bobagem lá como projetos. E ela é tão iluminada, tem um carisma incrível. Em compensação a Bening parece vir com coisas interessantes aí. E aquela cinebio da Catarina, a grande, tá marcada como drama e tem um filme inglês também que parece promissor.

Mudando um pouco: alguém já viu " Sessão de terapia " do Selton? Meu Deus, como ele é superestimado como diretor. A parada é mal feita, atuações sem naturalid ade (com algumas exceções). É chato! Tomara que O palhaço seja realmente bom, porque Feliz Natal é uma merd a.