Forum Cinema em Cena

O Gângster (American Gangster)

Sophie Aubrey

• Members

Bom, parece que finalmente este filme vai sair da gaveta.

Com direção de Ridley Scott e tendo Denzel Washington e Russell Crowe.

Página no IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765429/

Production Notes/Status:

Comments: Could be back in action at Universal with Ridley Scott directing Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe

Status Updated: 14 February 2006

Note: Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change; some data could be removed completely.

Do ComingSoon:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=13177

Ridley Scott to Direct American Gangster

Source: Variety February 14, 2006

Ridley Scott is in talks to direct Russell Crowe and Denzel Washington in the Brian Grazer-produced American Gangster, the drama that had its plug pulled in late 2004 by Universal Pictures. The hope is to shoot this summer, says Variety.

The studio will decide this week whether to finance or co-finance the revamped '70s crime drama, or possibly let it go. Two other studios are circling the project if Universal backs down.

The story revolves around a Harlem heroin kingpin who figured out a way to smuggle heroin in the coffins of American soldiers returning from the Vietnam War.

Crowe, who would play a cop, appears to have the most challenging schedule. He's booked to star with Nicole Kidman in Baz Luhrmann's untitled period epic.

Crowe and Scott just completed A Good Year and previously made Gladiator together. Grazer made A Beautiful Mind and Cinderella Story with Crowe. Crowe and Washington previously played adversaries in Virtuosity.

Do jornal Australiano The Sunday Telegraph, 26 de Fevereiro (o artigo ainda não está online)

Crowe flies high!

IT'S shaping up as a maximus (sorry!) year for Russell Crowe. Not only will he star alongside Our Nic in Baz Luhrmann's Australiana epic, he's in conversation with director Ridley Scott. "Baz is a genius. Where he goes, I'll go," Crowe told me. "I’m in talks with Ridley Scott about a third film together called American Gangster. It will be shot this year in New York." On working with Kidman for the first time, a cheery Crowe said: "Well, it's about time."...

Do site Movieweb:

[/url]http://www.movieweb.com/news/56/11156.php

"Ridley Scott in Talks to Direct Russell Crowe and Denzel Washington in American Gangster" - Tuesday, February 14

Hah! I knew this project was way too good to go down like it did. This project was first set up with director Antoine Fuqua and with Denzel Washington and Benecio Del Toro, before New Line pulled the plug over a budget that was thought to escalate. Now they have wonderful helmer Ridley Scott here, working from a re-written script by Terry George (Hotel Rwanda), they still kept Washington and replaced Del Toro with the enigmatic Russell Crowe! I can't see this scenario working out any better for this flick, which sounds like a true winner, about a Harlem drug lord who smuggles heroin in the coffins of dead American soliders from Vietnam. This sounds like a flippin awesome flick, and they have all the right pieces to the puzzle to make it so. Best News of the Week Nominee.

Página sobre o filme no Murphsplace:

http://www.murphsplace.com/crowe/gangster/main.html

Russell Crowe Daily Planet, um blog em Português sobre o Russell!Big One2006-09-25 01:13:19

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Do Coming Soon, 24/03:

http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=13777

Zaillian is Back on American Gangster

Source: Variety March 24, 2006

Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment have rehired Steve Zaillian, this time to rewrite American Gangster, reports Variety.

The studio has also committed to a late July start date for the film to be directed by Ridley Scott and star Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe. Brian Grazer is producing.

Zaillian had written the original script about a Harlem drug kingpin (Washington) who smuggled heroin in the body bags of U.S. soldiers slain in Vietnam.

After the film halted last year, Universal conscripted Terry George to write a downsized version of the story, but Grazer and Imagine exec Jim Whitaker couldn't let go of Zaillian's vision of the crime story.

The film will shoot mostly in New York, with a brief stopover in Thailand.

Visite Russell Crowe Daily Planet, meu blog em Português sobre o Russell!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Do site MovieWeb.com, 01/05, Entrevista com Ridley Scott, American Gangster começa à ser filmado em 01/08:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/95/12395.php

EXCLUSIVE: Ridley Scott Talks American Gangster, The Assassination of Jesse James and Shadow Divers!

In a recent interview that Ridley Scott did with us for the DVD release of Tristan + Isolde, the director also gave us updates on a bunch of projects. During the interview he discussed why he most likely wouldn't do Alien 5 as well as his other projects American Gangster, Shadow Divers and The Assassination of Jesse James.

Off the subject a bit... would you have any interest in doing a fifth Alien film?

Ridley Scott: I think the franchise has maybe now been disengaged with Alien vs. Predator.

Did you have any idea when you did that first one that it would span three other films and still be with us today?

Ridley Scott: No, but I knew... you get an idea when you're doing something that it's going to be fairly important. Don't forget those were the days when sequels were rare. I'm just trying to think what other sequels there were. There was the James Bond movies and not many. I think sequels have become a recent idea of franchising.

Made with the idea to make this one movie and then make a few others...

Ridley Scott: Oh yeah, absolutely. Now they're giant box office. Films like Harry Potter and Narnia, I'm sure they'll do another one. The biggest audience of course is the youngsters.

Can you talk at all about American Gangster, Shadow Divers or The Assassination of Jesse James?

Ridley Scott:The Assassination of Jesse James is with Brad Pitt and is directed by Andrew Dominik. He wrote and directed that film Chopper that introduced Eric Bana to us actually. It's finished shooting, they're editing now. It looks really great. It's Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck.

I'm doing American Gangster with Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe, again. I start that in New York in Harlem on August 1st.

How about Shadow Divers or is that still in the writing stages?

Ridley Scott: No, that's going through it's evolutions, it's actually being written in it's second, third draft now. It's an interesting subject though. It's fascinating that people do this kind of... it's not even an occupation, it's a goddamn pastime. It's a passion and they do this diving which is really dangerous. It's very extreme. They don't really look for treasure, it's not treasure hunting and Shadow Divers was interesting because the evolution of changing, from just nosing around wrecks to establishing the idea that these are graves. These are graveyards and even worse it's a grave of Germans from back in World War... a German submarine. Should it not be left alone? It goes down a very powerful, emotional thread as well.

The entire Ridley Scott Interview will be posted shortly! Stay tuned...

Russell Crowe Daily Planet, um blog em Português sobre o Russell!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Ainda nada de novo no front, a única coisa que se sabe é que o filme será rodado ainda este ano, possivelmente a partir de agosto em Nova York. Russell está filmando neste momento Tenderness com John Polson e esta filmagem deverá se estender até o final de junho. Em julho ele retorna à Australia para aguardar a chegada do seu segundo filho.

E o Ridley está trabalhando atualmente na versão final e estendida de Blade Runner ..... wwwwoooowwwwwww, de acordo com o site Movieweb, em 26/05:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/75/12875.php

Ridley Scott is Working on Blade Runner: Final Cut

Source: Variety

Friday, May 26th, 2006

Warner Home Video has worked out the complex rights for Blade Runner to pave the way for a September reissue of the re-mastered "Director's Cut" version, followed by a theatrical release of a version promised to be truly Ridley Scott's final cut.

Variety reports that Warner Bros,' rights to Blade Runner lapsed a year ago, but the studio has since negotiated a long-term license. The film, now considered a sci-fi classic, has had a troubled history from the start: When Scott ran over-budget, completion bond guarantors took control of it and made substantial changes before its 1982 theatrical release, adding a voiceover and happy ending. That version was replaced by the much better-received director's cut in 1992, but Scott has long been unhappy with it, complaining that he was rushed and unable to give it proper attention.

The director started working on the final cut version in 2000, but that project was shelved by Warner soon after, apparently because the studio couldn't come to terms with Jerry Perenchio over rights issues.

Blade Runner: Final Cut will arrive in 2007 for a limited 25th anniversary theatrical run, followed by a special edition DVD with the three previous versions offered as alternate viewing: Besides the original theatrical version and director's cut, the expanded international theatrical cut will be included. The set will also contain additional bonus materials.

Visite Russell Crowe Daily Planet, meu blog em Português sobre o Russell!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Do Austin- Craig List, 14/06:

http://austin.craigslist.org/tfr/171525809.html

UNIVERSAL PICTURES SEEKING CELEBRITY LOOK-A-LIKES

Universal Pictures’ AMERICAN GANGSTER will be filming in and around New York City this fall and is looking for individuals who very closely resemble:

Woody Allen (age 36)

Bill Cosby (age 34)

Sammy Davis Jr. (age 46)

Robert Goulet (age 38)

Hugh Hefner (age 45)

Dustin Hoffman (age 34)

Hubert H. Humphrey (age 60)

Burt Lancaster (age 58)

Norman Mailer (age 48)

LeRoy Neiman (age 44)

Frank Sinatra (age 56)

James Taylor (age 23)

Wilt Chamberlain (age 35)

Lloyd Price (age 38)

Don King (age 39)

Muhammed Ali (age 29) – ACTUAL BOXER

Joe Frazier (age 27) – ACTUAL BOXER

Angie Dickinson (age 40)

Mia Farrow (age 26)

Diane Keaton (age 35)

Diana Ross (age 27)

Barbra Streisand (age 29)

-PLEASE NOTE WHICH CELEBRITY YOU BELIEVE YOU RESEMBLE and INCLUDE CONTACT INFORMATION

-TO BE CONSIDERED EMAIL PICTURES TO: [email protected]

• Members

Rumour has it ...

Angelina Jolie também no elenco? smiley18.gif

Via Murphsplace, do site Canada.com, em artigo de hoje, "Summer of Stars"

Link do artigo!

Summer of stars

Big names in Canada to make movies

John Kennedy, canada.com

Published: Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Summer is here and the stars will be shining brightly in Canada.

The likes of Sienna Miller, Renee Zellweger and Jessica Alba are working in Hollywood North this season – and rumors are swirling that Russell Crowe and Angelina Jolie will be, too.

Miller, who seems to be back with ex-fiance Jude Law, will be in Ontario from June 28 to Aug. 4 filming Camille with James Franco. It’s the story of honeymooners and the adventures they encounter on their way to Niagara Falls.

Zellweger returns to Canada (she shot Chicago and Cinderella Man in Toronto) to make the thriller Case 39. Shooting in Vancouver, the movie is about a social worker who finds herself in danger when she fights to save a girl from abusive parents.

Alba and the cast of Fantastic Four return to Vancouver in August to make the sequel, entitled Fantastic Four: The Next Chapter.

Don Cheadle (Crash, Hotel Rwanda) is in Toronto until the end of July making Talk to Me, the story of ex-con Ralph Greene, who became a popular radio show host and activist in the 1960s.

Also in Toronto is Robert Downey Jr., who plays a principal in Charlie Bartlett, the story of a rich kid (Anton Yelchin) who counsels students at his new high school. Hope Davis stars as the title character’s mother.

Billy Bob Thornton is scouting locations in Alberta, hoping to start work on Peace Like A River in the fall. Set in North Dakota in the early 1960s, it’s the story of a father searching for his fugitive son before the cops find him.

Thornton’s ex, Angelina Jolie, is reportedly in talks to star opposite Russell Crowe and Denzel Washington in American Gangster, directed by Ridley Scott. Cameras could roll later this summer in Toronto.

It’s the tale of a drug lord who smuggles heroin into New York during the 1970s by hiding the drug inside the coffins of soldiers returning from Vietnam.

As summer winds down, the all-star cast of the Hairspray remake will arrive in Toronto – including John Travolta, Queen Latifah, Billy Crystal and Amanda Bynes. It’s scheduled to shoot Sept. 5 to Dec. 8.

• Members

Entrevista do Russell e Ridley no site da Entertainment Weekly, datado de hoje, sobre A Good Year e American Gangster:

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1206811_1_0_,00.html

R. and R.

Russell Crowe and Ridley Scott: Our extended Q&A.

The Aussie actor and his ''Gladiator'' director tell Josh Rottenberg more about two new big-screen collaborations

The swords-and-sandals smash Gladiator was just their opening act. Now Russell Crowe and director Ridley Scott are reuniting with A Good Year (Nov. 10), a surprisingly gentle comedy about a British businessman (Crowe) who takes over his uncle's vineyard in Provence. But that's not all! Next month, the duo will start production on the crime drama American Gangster, with Crowe starring opposite Denzel Washington as a cop trying to take down a notorious Harlem drug lord. EW called the frank filmmaking duo for a three-way chat.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: A Good Year seems like an unlikely project for you guys to take on.

RUSSELL CROWE That's one of the reasons we did it. I mean, it would be very easy for the two of us to make something grand and epic, but then people would say, ''Oh, they're repeating themselves.'' It just seemed more fun to go into this smaller place, where the problems weren't as vast.

RIDLEY SCOTT The key is to keep challenging yourself. I haven't done much in the way of comedy, and I've been living in Provence for 15 years, so this is something I've had on my mind for a while.

Making this film must have been a more pleasant experience than Gladiator.

CROWE Oddly enough, regardless of the problems that were to be solved on Gladiator, we always had fun every day — and that's the whole point. But going into an area that Ridley had such a deep connection with, I knew that he would know how to approach Provence as a subject matter, as a character. But you're dead right. I mean, it just went through my mind a little while ago, while I was on the set of a film [the indie drama Tenderness] out in some unkempt part of New York State: If you could go to Provence once a year to make a film, it would be a damn fine life.

SCOTT The thing also about doing Gladiator is, despite all the running problems which occurred on a daily basis, I think we both figured we were onto something that was going to be certainly very interesting. When something good is happening on a movie, you get a sense of it when you're making it. It doesn't happen often.

What's the secret to your collaboration?

CROWE It's about trust. If Ridley says, ''Jump off a cliff,'' I go, ''Right-o, mate.'' Our friendship was forged in fire. We've been in the situation [on Gladiator] of standing in Morocco, with thousands of people standing around, going, ''What do we do now?''

SCOTT Sometimes you've got to be able to say, ''I'm not sure,'' in which case the other person can kick in and you can solve the problem. I think that's sometimes the best way things can be worked out, rather than one dominant factor saying, ''This is the way to go.''

Ridley, has Russell mellowed at all since Gladiator?

SCOTT Not really. He's still feisty —

CROWE [Cutting in] When the situation demands it.

SCOTT Russell expects people to be ready, and I expect people to be ready, and if they're not, they sometimes get an ear-bashing.

CROWE The other half of that story is that I have to work out the moods and needs of the guy I'm working for as well. In any creative relationship, that's valid. And if you're a creative person, most of the time it's effortless. We both have on certain days a take-no-prisoners approach when we really believe in something. But that's f---ing valid, and I respond to Ridley's passion, and Ridley responds to mine. We're really lucky.

Any truth to the rumors of a Gladiator prequel?

CROWE Ridley and I talk about that quite regularly. It's probably not something we want to discuss right now. But I hope that in the future we've got some gigantic stories to tell together.

In the meantime, you're taking another 180-degree turn with American Gangster, about the real-life 1970s drug kingpin Frank Lucas.

CROWE Yeah, now we're going to get the sledgehammers out and bang some doors down. The Frank Lucas story is pretty well known. Frank took over from a fellow who was a big gangster in Harlem and basically found his own source for drugs, and he cut out the Italian Mob and thereby increased his financial earnings capacity dramatically and also his power base. What we're coming down to with this script is this battle of wits, really, between this gangster and a police investigator.

SCOTT It's two very interesting characters who are both paradoxical, really. One [played by Crowe] is a cop who's obsessive about doing the right thing and being honest, and at the same time has a private life which is totally f---ed up. On the other hand, you've got a gangster [played by Denzel Washington] who has the life of a middle-class bank manager and yet is shipping heroin from Cambodia and putting it on the streets of New York. It's two quite different characters and yet similar in many respects.

CROWE The really intriguing thing is that in real life these guys have become friends. The guy who put him away essentially was the only person who was there to meet Frank Lucas when he came out of prison, and they're still in touch on a regular basis now.

When do you go into production?

SCOTT We're shooting in Harlem in August, which is hotter than hell.

CROWE And in between times, hopefully my wife will complete the production in Australia of my second child. Hopefully she sticks to the schedule, because it's pretty tight this year.

(Posted:06/21/06)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Da página do filme no IMDB:

Production Notes/Status:

Comments: This will be Scott's follow-up to A Good Year

Status Updated: 13 March 2006

Note: Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change; some data could be removed completely.

Credited cast:

Russell Crowe .... Detective Richie Roberts (attached)

Denzel Washington .... Frank Lucas (attached)

• Members

Via Murphsplace, graças à fã Rita, entrevista dada pelo roteirista do filme Steve Zaillian dada ao

SFSU Magazine, onde ele, entra outras coisas do seu trabalho, fala um pouco de American Gangster, aqui coloco o trecho referente à AM:

“Your next screenwriting project is "American Gangster," about a Harlem drug lord during the 1970s. It's based on a true story.

It's really a story about an American businessman (Frank Lucas) who's black, who's building a kind of empire where no black man has built an empire before. He became the biggest heroin dealer in the United States for a very short period, a couple of years. The Mafia was coming to him, as opposed to the other way around, which was the way it's always been. So it's really about his rise and fall and at the same time the story of this policeman (Richie Roberts) who is trying to catch him.”

Whose idea was it to make the film?

Nick Pileggi, who wrote the screenplay for "Goodfellas," knew [Lucas] and thought that there was a story in his life. But, for whatever reason, didn't want to write it himself, and asked me if I would be interested in doing t. And I said, 'I don't know, maybe I should meet these people.' So I met Frank Lucas, and also met Richie Roberts. It was through these interviews that the story just kind of gradually starting taking shape.

You were on the project, off, and now you're back on again.

To make a long story short, I had a falling out with the first director who was on the picture, and then [universal] ended up not making that picture with the people who were involved at that time and then it was resurrected again recently with Ridley Scott, who I've also worked with before.

If I had talked to you three months ago we would be having a much different conversation because I would have been totally demoralized by what was going on and the fact that it wasn't being made. So this is a happy turn of events.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Mais um nome adicionado ao elenco do filme, de acordo com o IMDB:

Adrian Washington ainda não tem papel definido, mas trabalhou também recentemente com o Russell em Tenderness, como assistente da produção, clique em sua página no IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1967657/

Apesar de ter o mesmo nome do Denzel, parece-me que não há nenhum tipo de parentesco. Apenas uma coincidência nos nomes.

• Members

O status do filme no IMDB já consta como “filmando”:

As filmagens começaram ontem em Nova York.

Primeira foto do Russell no set, via Murph, graças à fã Chats:

Primeira Foto do Russell na Filmagem de American Gangster!

Mais um nome aparece para o elence do filme, o do rapper "T.I", que vai interpretar o sobrinho do personagem do Denzel. Informação dada no site da Murph, graças à Rita, de uma matéria da Billboard On Line:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_ content_id=1002916052

T.I. Gets Inside 'American Gangster'

August 01, 2006, 4:10 PM ET

Clover Hope, N.Y.

Atlanta rapper T.I. is hard at work on his second film, "American Gangster," which pits him alongside Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe. He is also developing a movie project through his own film company, in addition to recording his fifth album, "T.I. vs. T.I.P.," the follow-up to this year's "King."

"American Gangster" revolves around a 1970s drug lord who smuggles heroin into Harlem, N.Y., by concealing it inside the coffins of American soldiers returning from Vietnam. T.I., who made his film debut this year in "ATL," will play Washington's nephew, a character he calls "somewhat of a stretch."

"Right now I'm learning everything I can about my character. I'm just there to soak things up," T.I. tells Billboard.com. "There's a bunch of Academy Award-winners on this cast and I'm just there to learn. I'm in school." The rapper is also working on a script for the first movie from his company, Grand Hustle Films. "It's coming along quite nicely," he says. "It's gonna be a comedy and it's gonna be funny as hell."

On the music end, T.I. is featured on Beyonce's upcoming album, "B'Day," and the Justin Timberlake single "My Love," which was produced by Timbaland. A video for the latter will be shot next week.

Though T.I. remains tightlipped about his own album, he is contributing to projects by Young Buck and Young Jeezy, as well as his Grand Hustle/Atlantic artists Big Kuntry, Governor and Young Dro. He is featured on the latter's first single "Shoulder Lean," which currently sits atop Billboard Radio Monitor's R&B/Hip-Hop chart.

• Members

Via Murphsplace, mais fotos do Russell tiradas do set de filmagem em 01/08, do site JustJared.com, clique aqui! Na mesma página, enquanto Russell está em Nova York, fotos da Dani passeando com o Charlie em Sydney. Clique sobre cada uma delas para vê-las em tamanho maior e prestem atenção ao detalhe da camisa que ele está usando ... simplesmente de matar ... eu fico imaginando como será a trilha sonora .... espero que bem disco.

Just Jared´s link!

• Members

Via Murphsplace (www.murphsplace.com) graças ao fã Wilson que informa que o site Blackfilm.com anuncia que John Ortiz (atuou no atual Miami Vice) e Carla Gugino (de Sin City) são as novas contratações para o filme, que já tem Russell Crowe, Denzel Washington, Adrian Washington, e os rappers RZA e T.I.

Ficha do John Ortiz no IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0651159/

Ficha da Carla Gugino no IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001303/

Página do site Blackfilme aqui:

http://www.blackfilm.com/20060728/features/americangangstern ews.shtml

• Members

Josh Brolin (filho de James Brolin e enteado de Barbara Streisand) é mais um no elenco do filme, de acordo com o YahooNews/Hollywood Reporter:

Yahoo´s link!

Brolin joins Scott's "Gangster"

Thursday August 17 1:01 AM ET

Josh Brolin is joining the cast of "American Gangster," Imagine's 1970s-set crime drama film starring Russell Crowe and Denzel Washington.

The movie, directed by Ridley Scott for Universal Pictures, is based on the life of drug kingpin-turned-informant Frank Lucas (Washington), who shipped heroin back to the U.S. in the coffins of soldiers killed in Vietnam. Lucas was brought to justice by lawman Richie Roberts (Crowe). The two then worked together to expose criminals on the drug circuit.

Brolin will play crooked NYPD cop Det. Trupo, a greedy narcotics investigator who piggybacks on Roberts' investigation in order to bleed Lucas dry.

Brolin's upcoming screen work includes a role in Robert Rodriguez's "Planet Terror" portion of the double feature "Grindhouse" and a part in "No Country for Old Men" by the Coen brothers.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Nos fóruns do IMDB também se fala das inclusões do rapper Common e de mais uma atriz a integrar o elenco, a porto riquenha Roxanne Amandez, que faria um casos amorosos do personagem do Russell Crowe, Richie Roberts. Até agora não achamos sua ficha net. Carla Gugino é a outra atriz que faria um antigo amor dele.

De acordo com o IMDB hoje, o casting está assim:

Russell Crowe .... Detective Richie Roberts

Carla Gugino .... (attached)

John Hawkes .... (attached)

Ted Levine .... Toback

John Ortiz .... (attached)

RZA .... Jones

Roger Guenveur Smith .... Nate

T.I.   

Adrian Washington   

Denzel Washington .... Frank Lucas (attached)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

De acordo com o fórum do filme no IMDB, Denzel Washington começará a filmar dia 05 de Setembro:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0765429/board/flat/49461299

Atualizando elenco, conforme a página do filme no IMDB:

Denzel Washington .... Frank Lucas

Josh Brolin .... Det. Trupo

Common   

Cris D'Annunzio   

Chiwetel Ejiofor   

Edwin Freeman .... Metal Door Worker

Carla Gugino   

Gabriel Hansen .... Mechanic (Gabe)

John Hawkes   

Robert C. Kirk .... Police Captain

Ted Levine .... Toback

Alyxx Morgen .... Hot Mom

John Ortiz .... Javy Rivera

Bryant Pearson .... Drug Dealer#2

Norman Reedus .... Detective Norman Reily

RZA .... Jones

Kenny Shapiro .... Core Driver

T.I. .... Nephew

Yul Vazquez   

Adrian Washington

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Data de Lançamento do filme nos Estados Unidos, de acordo com o IMDB, será em 02 de Novembro de 2007:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765429/releaseinfo

Veja fotos das filmagens do sábado, 16/09, em Nova York, com o Russell e o Denzel:

Aqui no site do Wenn!

E aqui no FilmMagic!

Atualização do elenco, conforme o IMDB:

Denzel Washington .... Frank Lucas

Josh Brolin .... Det. Trupo

Common   

Cris D'Annunzio   

Chiwetel Ejiofor   

Edwin Freeman .... Metal Door Worker

Carla Gugino   

Gabriel Hansen .... Mechanic (Gabe)

John Hawkes   

Robert C. Kirk .... Police Captain

Ted Levine .... Toback

Alyxx Morgen .... Hot Mom

Lymari Nadal   

John Ortiz .... Javy Rivera

Bryant Pearson .... Drug Dealer#2

Norman Reedus .... Detective Norman Reily

RZA .... Jones

Kenny Shapiro .... Core Driver

T.I. .... Nephew

Yul Vazquez .... Detective Alphonse Abruzzo

Adrian Washington

Lymara Nadal (atual esposa do Edward James Olmos) interpreta a esposa do traficante Frank Lucas (Denzel Washington).

• 1 year later...
  • Members
Jay-Z Goes 'Gangster' For Second Album In A Year

jayz_05l.gif
spacer.gif

September 20, 2007, 9:55 AM ET

spacer.gif

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Jay-Z will release his second album in a
year, "American Gangster," Nov. 6 via Def Jam. The album features all
new original material inspired by the upcoming movie of the same name
starring Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe. The trailer for the film
features Jay-Z's "Heart of the City (Ain't No Love)," from his 2001
album "The Blueprint."

Additional details have yet to be announced, but
tracks expected to appear include "No Hook" and the Pharrell-produced
"Blue Magic."

The rapper-turned-executive told the New York Times he
has completed nine songs, each inspired by a specific scene in the
movie. "It was like I was watching the film, and putting it on pause,
and giving a back story to the story," he said.

"American Gangster," which also features rappers T.I.,
Common and RZA in supporting roles, is based on the life of drug
kingpin-turned-informant Frank Lucas (Washington), who shipped heroin
to the United States in the coffins of soldiers killed in Vietnam.
Lucas was brought to justice by lawman Richie Roberts (Crowe). The two
then worked together to expose the crooked cops and foreign nationals.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...