Forum Cinema em Cena

Batman Begins

clark

• Members

Os críticos podem achar o que quiserem. Se lhes falta algo' date=' não é nosso problema. A Warner vai lançar as edições novas e/ou especiais dos 4 passados. Para eles, vai ser uma diversão e tanto.

[/quote']

Perguntinha (OFF TOPIC):

Sabe se já existe previsão para lançarem essa EE? Será durante o lançamento do BB mesmo? 17 de junho?

E será que venderão cada um separadamente e/ou venderão tudo junto num BOX?

P.S.: Pergunto não por interesse próprio, mas para responder um cara numa outra seção desse fórum. smiley36.gif

• Members

Os críticos podem achar o que quiserem. Se lhes falta algo' date=' não é nosso problema. A Warner vai lançar as edições novas e/ou especiais dos 4 passados. Para eles, vai ser uma diversão e tanto.

[/quote']

Perguntinha (OFF TOPIC):

Sabe se já existe previsão para lançarem essa EE? Será durante o lançamento do BB mesmo? 17 de junho?

P.S.: Pergunto não por interesse próprio, mas para responder um cara numa outra seção desse fórum. smiley36.gif

Eu só me lembro de terem falado por aí. Já viu se tem alguma coisa na Amazon?

• Members

Parte 2:

THE BOF BATMAN BEGINS REVIEW' date=' Part 2
Tuesday, June 7, 2005
Author:
Jett

The first credits you see for BATMAN BEGINS is at the end. You get your last look at The Batman, and it cuts straight to “BATMAN BEGINS” (fade) “A CHRISTOPHER NOLAN FILM.”

As the credits began to roll, I found myself standing on my feet, clapping away like a fool. I’m 39 years old. I have three kids. I have a great wife, a nice house, a good job, and a somewhat successful hobby/second job. I tell you this not to brag, but to try to show you a bit of who I am - a grow man living an adult life (for the most part). But there I was last Thursday, the 2nd of June, 2005, clapping my ass off with a metaphorical tear in my eye. All I could think was “Awesome. Just F’n AWESOME!” And for a brief moment, I was a kid again. All of the admiration, emotion, and love - yes love - for this great character I had as a kid, came flooding back. This was MY Batman. It was as if they read my mind. If Christopher Nolan had came to me two years ago and said, “What kind of BATMAN film do you want, Bill?” It would have been exactly what I saw on screen last week in Hollywood.

I wasn’t flying solo on the standing and clapping. And I’m pretty sure that I wasn’t the only one who found themselves - as "The Fonz" would say - a tad "misty" at the end of this film. I didn’t want to leave the theater. I wanted them to say, “Alright guys, sit back down and we’ll show it again!” That of course, that wasn’t going to happen, but I would have sat there and watched BATMAN BEGINS as many times as they would have shown it. And I wouldn’t have been alone.

I walked out of the auditorium with the rest of the media and the first thing I did was call my wife, Rachel. Now, it was a little after 10 PM, LA time, so it was after midnight in Houston. She answered the phone by saying, “Well…?” No hello - she knew why I was calling. “It was unbelievable,” I told her, “Just amazing. Greatest film I’ve ever seen!” “Good,” she said, “Did you meet Christian Bale yet?” Women.

All around me in the concession/lobby area, people were talking enthusiastically about the movie. One guy looks at me and says, “What did you think?” “It was badass,” I tell him, like a teenager. “Yes it was,” he replies, “best movie I’ve seen all year.” And such was the talk all over Mann’s Chinese Theater late this Thursday evening.

I made my way through the tourists and across the famous celebrity hand and footprints in front of the theater. The huge BATMAN BEGINS ad on the building across the street was lit up like a Christmas tree - albeit a brown, gold, and black one. I couldn’t stop thinking about this film and how it was better than I anticipated. I feared that I would be let down; that it wouldn’t be as good as I had hoped. I must have been high. I had been dead wrong and worried over nothing.

I climbed aboard our bus that was taking us back to the hotel. It was all abuzz with BEGINS talk. Rebecca Murray from ABOUT.COM sat next to me, “I want to know what you though,t” she asked me. Rebecca had sat behind me on the trip to Mann’s, and had confessed that she knew very little about Batman. “Well, what did you think about it,” I asked her. She liked it. A lot. One of the things she told me was that “you don’t have to know a lot about Batman to like it. It explains everything.” One comment by Ms. Murray struck a chord, “You don’t have to be a Batman fan to like it. Everyone will enjoy this film.” This made me feel much better as I long wondered what the “Average Joes” out there would think of it.

Everyone on the bus seemed to really like it. You had your few smarmy types who displayed a sort of “meh” attitude about it. Trying to question every little detail. “Why didn’t he just do this, instead of that when such and such happened?” In my head, I was rolling my eyes like a SOB to such petty nonsense. But those guys were a very small minority among all the media on the bus. The overwhelming verdict was that BATMAN BEGINS was a hell of a film.

Upon reaching our final destination - the Beverley Wilshire Hotel - I jumped off and headed up to my room. I had promised the BOF‘ers that I would say something about the movie as soon as I was capable. I also wanted a beer to celebrate, but that would have to wait for a bit. I turned on the laptop, answered some email, and then the quick “BATMAN BEGINS is AWESOME” update, and went hunting for that libation in honor of the great BATMAN BEGINS.

I really didn’t want to hit the bar at the hotel. I had been there earlier in the day and it was very nice, but I was looking for a little something different, perhaps a little more down to earth. I head down to the concierge’s desk and ask him if he knew of a location of the type of watering hole I was looking for. “Take a look at our website, there are some recommendations on it.” So back upstairs and to the PC. I found their website, looked over the places they had listed, and found one that sounded interesting - “The Frolic Room” on Hollywood Blvd. The Frolic Room it would be.

Back downstairs, I asked the doorman to call me a taxi and was soon informed he couldn’t find any. “But we’ll take you in the Mercedes comp anywhere you want to go.” Sweet! That’s what I’m talking about. So, I tell the driver where I’m heading, and about 12 minutes later, we’re there.

The Frolic Room was just my type place - a dive. But a dive with a lot of personality. Not a very big place, just mostly a bar with a juke box against the wall to the right. A fairly interesting crowd patronizing the establishment as well. You had a dude next to my right that looked like someone who worked in IT, jamming his ass off to the tunes coming out of the jukebox. To my left, and older, African-American gentleman dressed very sharply. Further down the bar, a couple in their 20’s sat looking as if they were on a date. And finally two chicks and a dude who definitely walked to the beat of a different drummer.

I ordered my Miller Lite and must have sucked it down in no time, as the bartender looked a bit surprised when I ordered a second. Soon, another couple came in and set down next to me. Young couple in their early 20’s. They began playing this lotto type game and following the numbers live up on the TV. “What’s that y’all are playing,” I asked. “Keno, dude,” he nicely tells me.

So we struck up a conversation and found we had a love for sports in common. We talked about the Pistons/Heat series - being from Michigan, he was pissed the Pistons had lost. “What brings you out here,” I inquire. “Just trying to do that acting thing, you know?

Where you from,” he asked. “Texas. Houston, actually,” I say. “What in the hell are you doing here?" “Why, something wrong with this place,” I inquire. “No - this is a cool place - but it just sounded funny an out of towner being here.” So I tell him why I was in LA. “How was IT,” he asked about BATMAN BEGINS. And I give him the rundown. “Man, I so want to see that film,” he tells me.

We chatted for a bit longer and I then realized that I had some more prep work to do. Tomorrow, I would be doing roundtables with Christian Bale, Christopher Nolan, and other members of the cast and crew. I asked the bartender to call me a taxi, paid my bill, and then waked outside to catch the cab.

TO BE CONTINUED…

http://www.batman-on-film.com/opinion_jett_beginsreview2.htm l

[/quote']

Recém está começaaaaaaaando a engrenar o review. smiley36.gif

Isso vai longe. smiley36.gif

• Members

[/quote']

Perguntinha (OFF TOPIC):

Eu só me lembro de terem falado por aí. Já viu se tem alguma coisa na Amazon?

Procurei, e nada.

Dei uma "googleada", encontrei alguma coisa, só que nada demais:

Só isso: "Batman: Special Edition - A Warner está trabalhando em silêncio numa Edição Especial do filme de 1989, para ser lançada quando Batman Begins chegar aos cinemas em 2005. Possivelmente esta nova edição fará parte de um box-set contendo os outros três filmes da série."

E isso: http://www.cinemaemcena.com.br/cinemacena/forum/forum_posts. asp?TID=3190&PN=1&get=last

(vou esperar por melhores informações - e que o cara lá espere smiley36.gif)

• Administrators

Nossa, o da China ficou louco...

Esse Jett eh um figura mmo....tá fazendo um doce com o review, mas

vamos dar um desconto pro cara...ele tá com esse site desde 1998, e

este eh o momento dele, ele tem crédito...smiley4.gif

• Administrators
Só pra n dizer q n postei hj....dia 17 demoraaaaaaa' date=' vai

ter natal e n vai cehar dia 17...alguma notícia da uma possível

pré-estréia dia 15?[/quote']

Ainda nada Linck, os cinemas provavelmente só anunciarão no final desta

semana, ou, início da próxima semana a programação e as pré-estréias.

Estou de olho, minha intenção já eh pegar a pré.

Não sei se postaram, e aki nem eh tópico de games, mas vale pra ver como ficou  a arte da capa do game BB pra PS2.

batmanbegins.jpg

• Members

Outra pergunta...queria botar na roda(no bom sentido) a seguinte questão:

Muitos críticos dizem que o filme é um novo noir(eu concordo)...porém O QUE É FILME NOIR???  

Só pra pensarmos melhor e entender o q dizem....

Pra mim, eu sei reconhecer um filme noir, mas n sei explicar direito...alguém sabe um bom conceito ?

• Administrators

Numa rápida pesquisa sobre noir, ateh para podermos ver

se BB tem algo de noir mmo, eu achei isto, q eh um trecho de uma

entrevista bem interessante.

Burburinho - Há quem defina o gênero noir pelo conteúdo

(crimes, violência, erotismo velado, protagonista cínico, etc) e há

quem o defina pela forma (fotografia em preto e branco, forte contraste

entre claro e escuro, cenário urbano, etc). Qual a sua definição?

A.C.

- O filme noir conjuga o conteúdo e a forma que você assinalou. O filme

noir é um desvio ou evolução dentro do vasto campo do gênero drama

criminal que teve seu apogeu durante os anos 40 até meados dos anos 50

e foi uma resposta às condições sociais, históricas e culturais

reinantes na América durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial e no imediato

pós-guerra. Nele se combinam basicamente as formas da ficção criminal

americana produzida por Dashiell Hammett, Raymond Chandler, James M.

Cain, Cornell Woolrich e seus descendentes ou semelhantes literários

com um estilo visual inspirado nos filmes expressionistas alemães dos

anos 20.

Burburinho - Ainda é possível fazer cinema noir (como Body Heat ou L.A. Confidential) ou você acredita que a época do gênero já passou?

A.C.

- Sim, mas atualmente o que existe é o neo-noir. Refletindo uma nova

realidade, esses filmes constituem um novo tipo de filme noir, que

incorpora as convenções narrativas e estilísticas de seus progenitores,

interpretando-as e projetando-as em um quadro cinematográfico

contemporâneo.

Fonte: http://www.burburinho.com/20030313.html

• Members

Alguém sabe qual o tamanho da participação do Sr. Zsasz no filme? E se ele está fiel aos quadrinhos?

Eu sei que é pequena, mas não sei o quanto fiel estará. Já disseram que as cicatrizes pelo corpo estão lá. Esse cara me é doentio demais...

• Members

Batman's back to his best

EIGHT years after many thought Joel Schumacher and George Clooney had done what The Joker never could and killed Batman off for good, the Dark Knight has returned. But new movie Batman Begins isn't so much a fifth film in the series that 1997's truly terrible Batman & Robin put paid to.

Instead it's the start of a brand new franchise for the Caped Crusader - going back to year one.

Brought to the big screen by Memento director Christopher Nolan, with American Psycho's Christian Bale donning the famous black outfit, the film took a whopping six months to shoot. And one look at the stunning special effects, car chases and fights in the movie show that it was worth every minute. Christian is excellent as the tortured Bruce Wayne, struggling to turn the death of his parents into a positive force, although not quite up to Michael Keaton's lofty standards once inside the Batsuit.

He heads up a great cast, which also featuring spot on performances by Liam Neeson as Batman's mentor turned nemesis Henri Ducard and Morgan Freeman as the super-hero's version of James Bond's gadget-man Q. Cillian Murphy gives a breakout performance as the evil Dr Jonathan Crane - aka The Scarecrow - with Gary Oldman providing the comic relief as future Commissioner James Gordon. Sadly Michael Caine seems to be playing a parody of himself as butler Alfred, while Bruce's love interest - in the guise of Katie Holmes - crumples under the weight of the ridiculous preachy dialogue she is given.

And while the movie does err on the cheesy side at points, it definitely lives up to its director's goal of showing "how Bruce Wayne became Batman… on an epic scale."

Nolan goes back to the comic books as his source, ignoring all four previous movies. He even kills Bruce's parents once again, returning to the original tale of a thief taking their lives rather than the revisionist celluloid version which saw The Joker as their murderer.

This is truly Batman's film, focussing on him above and beyond everyone else, but meaning we barely find out a thing about the backgrounds of the baddies - losing the "what made them evil" intrigue that Tim Burton's first two Batman movies did so well.

However, it does mean the Caped Crusader's origin story is told properly for the first time on screen, which should please all the comic book junkies out there. Unlike other superheroes Bruce Wayne has no special powers - he wasn't bitten by a radioactive spider or born on another planet.

He's just an ordinary guy, with a lot of cool gadgets who dresses as a bat to put fear into his enemies. What Nolan does so well is making sure this story stays at the centre of everything - rather than simply being a prelude to a special effect marathon. Batman Begins is not the best comic book flick ever made - trailing Spider-Man's two recent outings and the sublime Sin City - and arguably not even the best to feature the Caped Crusader.

It is however a very good film, darker than almost all of this summer's other potential blockbusters and one fans of the comic will definitely enjoy.

RATING - 4/5

By SIMON ROTHSTEIN

Sun Online