Forum Cinema em Cena

V de Vingança

Código (F)

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Todo dia, eu e Big conversamos sobre este filme. SE foi 75% fiél ao quadrinhos, preparem-se porque vai dar muita merda. Faltam 3 meses para entrar em cartaz nos EUA, 4 aqui, e as discussões já começaram:

http://www.aintitcool.com/tb_display.cgi?id=22020#1048527

Entre uma pessoa viu o filme, e fez uma breve crítica no AICN, e o pessoal que está comentando em cima.

felipef38706.0886226852

• Administrators

É vero felipef, este é um dos poucos "blocks" q    ue eu

sei muito pouco, seim somente o que vi na tela e vou deixar assim,

porque hj em dia é raro ir no cinema sem saber muito da trama, com esta

enxurrada de info que temos em várias mídias.

Como eu disse pro felipef, ele parace um revolucionário num estado totalitarista.

• Members

AUSTIN -- In a political environment that can brew controversy out of allegorical children's fables or a documentary about penguins, it is hard to imagine the intensity of feeling that will greet "V for Vendetta," a movie whose heroes are terrorists. One foresees news talk shows in which red-faced pundits denounce the filmmakers and call for boycotts. Given a film as entertaining and solidly crafted as this one, such attention could turn into strong boxoffice.

Of course, plenty of films -- particularly those set in dystopian futures like this one -- identify with revolutionaries. But most put heavy sci-fi clothing on their brave new worlds, while "V" takes pains to tie its reality to our own. Although based on a comic book, it isn't as heavily stylized as a superhero movie. Its score and production design, both rich and inviting, are heightened without suggesting that this near-future London is an outright fantasy, though the new government, a restrictive state led by John Hurt's Sutler, is draped in some awfully Nazi-ish iconography.

If the film's look and feel refuse to flee from the real world, its dialogue takes every chance to connect to it. We are told about the recent past, that "America's war grew worse and worse, and eventually came to London." Hot-button terms like "rendition" are sprinkled about; dissidents are handled as in a third-world dictatorship; and our hero (who calls himself V) lectures citizens who have surrendered their liberties to a government that promised to protect them from terrorism.

As V, Hugo Weaving has the unenviable task of playing the entire film behind an immobile mask. He rises to the challenge, bringing the character to life with body language and his sonorously nimble voice.

V has a flair for the theatrical. He introduces himself to London on Guy Fawkes Day with fireworks and a symbolic bombing, then hijacks a television broadcast to announce that he will return a year later to destroy the Houses of Parliament. He suggests that citizens who feel oppressed by their rulers should join him there. And then he's gone, leaving some very anxious politicians in his wake.

The viewer's proxy here is Evey (Natalie Portman), who accidentally becomes a part of V's plans. With her, we work through many of the expected reactions to V's approach -- and if she eventually comes around to his way of thinking, the film certainly doesn't present the choice as an uncomplicated one. The filmmakers (Andy and Larry Wachowski adapting the screenplay, James McTeigue at the helm) are clearly on the vigilante's side, but they give viewers room to question his motives and methods: Has he psychologically programd Evey? Is the city of London about to become a war zone simply because V has a personal grudge? The serious tone "Vendetta" takes encourages such moral nitpicking.

Although some marketing materials aim to position this as an action film, viewers expecting a thrill ride might be disappointed. V engages in a couple of satisfying crime-fighting set pieces, but the story is more occupied with mystery and intrigue. Happily, it almost is entirely free of the hollow pomposity that marred the Wachowskis' last two "Matrix" films. Here, Alan Moore's graphic novel and the history of real-world oppressive governments is more than enough, leaving no need for the screenwriters to invent hokey mythologies and plenty of room to fantasize about revolution.

Já anotaram o que estou dizendo páginas atrás? Vai dar probRema...

felipef38707.4786689815

• Members

Eu fiquei sabendo que iam fazer um remake desse seriado antigão dos alienígenas-lagartos lendo numa revista chamada Flashback,com coisas dos anos 80.Esse seriado era mto trash,e eu lembro vagamente dele (eu tinha uns 7 anos quando passou no SBT).Parece que essa adaptação vai ficar interessante.A história pelo menos tem tudo pra render...

E tem a Natalie Portman no elenco? Isso já vale alguns pontos positivos smiley4.gif

enxak38707.7985532407

• Members

Não. smiley36.gif

Lembrei de você por causa dessa crítica aqui que postei do V de Vingança:

Saiu a crítica do maior nerd ever:

Then came the last film. V FOR VENDETTA - preceeded by a 35mm print of Donald Duck's Academy Award winning turn in DER FUHRER'S FACE. While everyone was going through security - we were passing out about 240 Duck Billed Duck Calls. I led everyone into a duck version of HAPPY BIRTHDAY - and then everyone duck called to DER FUHRER'S FACE - making the greatest film experience ever.

Till... V FOR VENDETTA. I was not prepared for V FOR VENDETTA. This is the most intense cinematic cry for Anarchy since A CLOCKWORK ORANGE. They made the comic. Alan Moore is a bitch for even thinking of bitching about this. It is f**king PERFECT! When you see them promoting it as UNCOMPROMISED VISION. That's absolutely right. This thing doesn't give two shakes of a pecker what the modern world is going to think. THEY NAILED IT! You never see V's face. The voice - PERFECT. Natalie Portman - BRILLIANT. Everybody PERFECT. Adrian Biddle's last film as DP is a revelation and a revolution! This was my favorite film of the festival. They finally f**king nailed ALAN MOORE! Wachowski's - do WATCHMEN! PLEASE! When this film opens - this will be a political molotov cocktail. Absolutely f**king great! It isn't the action film that the first MATRIX was - but it is easily a vastly more important and brilliant film.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21999

Se liga na parte destacada em vermelho, enxak.

• Members

smiley36.gif

Só porque gosto de você, vou quotar o post com o qual o lipe abriu o tópico.

Os irmãos Wachowski e Joel Silver, diretores e produtor da trilogia Matrix, anunciaram em Berlim, no último dia 4, a adaptação para as telas de cinema da obra dos quadrinhos “V de Vingança”, de Alan Moore e David Lloyd. O elenco terá Natalie Portman (Star Wars: Ameaça Fantasma, Star Wars: Ataque dos Clones, Closer), James Purefoy (Resident Evil, Coração de Cavaleiro) e Stephen Rea (Entrevista com o Vampiro, Traídos Pelo Desejo). Produzido pela Silver Pictures (Máquina Mortífera, trilogia Matrix) e pela Warner Bros Pictures, “V de Vingança” terá direção de James McTeigue, diretor-assistente dos irmãos Wachowski na trilogia de Matrix.

Ambientado no futuro alternativo de uma Inglaterra totalitarista, “V de Vingança” conta a história da jovem Evey (Natalie Portman), salva da morte por um vigilante mascarado (James Purefoy) conhecido como “V”. Carismático e habilidoso, “V” é um terrorista revolucionário cujo objetivo é devolver a liberdade à Inglaterra, dominada por um regime fascista conhecido como A Nórdica Chama. Ao descobrir a verdade sobre “V”, Evey vê revelados alguns segredos sobre si mesma e torna-se a improvável aliada do vingador em sua missão de trazer liberdade e justiça de volta a uma sociedade assolada pela corrupção e pela crueldade.

O roteiro de Andy e Larry Wachowski baseia-se na aclamada obra em quadrinhos “V de Vingança”, escrita por Alan Moore (Constantine, Do Inferno) e ilustrada por David Lloyd. Publicada originalmente pela DC Comics em 1988 como uma série de dez edições, “V de Vingança” foi elogiada por sua visão, sua potência e sua eloqüência.

“V de Vingança” é uma co-produção anglo-germânica entre a Warner Bros. Productions Ltd. e a Fünftle Babelsberg Film GmbH. O filme será rodado em Berlim e Londres. Subsidiado pelo fundo de investimento local Medienboard Berlim-Brandenburg, tem lançamento mundial previsto para novembro de 2005.

[/quote']

• Members

Ah,bem interessante então...Eu realmente nem sabia da existencia nem da possibilidade de fazerem essa adaptação...Legal...

Mas pra vc num pensar que eu tô bêbado,olha aqui a capa do DVD lançado lá fora do tal V de Vitória,o seriado trash exibido pelo SBT (que tbm pode virar filme,pelo que li na revista,por isso confundi hehe):

B00005B8UD.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

• Members

Apesar desse ser o menos pior da equipe AICN, ainda é um critiquete.

So here we go... 25 motion pictures seen (but not necessarily released) in 2005 that Father Geek feels you can't go wrong with, the top of my heap, films that should leave you feeling something deep inside, films easily worth the price of admission. These are in reverse order... with repeated viewings and depending on my mood this order could change... but not radically. One more thing... while I've seen a hell of alot of movies this past year, I haven't seen all of them, soooo if your fave isn't here maybe it just fell through the cracks in my incomplete film viewing...

THE LIST...

rank......title......viewing date

25. WAR OF THE WORLDS 6-26

24. AEON FLUX 12-2

23. LAND OF THE DEAD 6-21

22. HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE 4-26

21. KISS KISS BANG BANG 10-20

20. WALLACE & GROMIT: CURSE OF THE WERERABBIT 10-4

19. HOOLIGANS 3-18

18. WOLFCREEK 10-8

17. HOSTEL 10-9

16. DANNY THE DOG 2-23

15. WALK THE LINE 11-17

14. SIN CITY 3-21

13. SYRIANA 12-5

12. BATMAN BEGINS 6-6

11. MATCHPOINT 12-21

10. NOBELITY 8-15

9. CORPSE BRIDE 9-22

8. HISTORY OF VIOLENCE 9-27

7. BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN 11-29

6. HUSTLE & FLOW 3-17

5. MUNICH 12-20

4. GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK 11-2

3. KING KONG 12-10

2. SYMPATHY FOR LADY VENGENCE 12-10

1. V...FOR VENDETTA 12-11

There you have it... I don't make a worse list. I don't enjoy revisiting them, and especialy don't really want to think further about them. Out of sight... out of mind... that where they belong.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22068

Alguns eu vi e não botarai no meu top 25 de 2005. Se eu fizesse um, claro...

• Members

Está todo mundo assustado em relação a Warner em 2005 e com os já listados filmes de 2006...

Agora entendo... Faltam 4 meses para V' date=' um filme que ainda não tem visibilidade alguma e nem sei se terá, em terras brasilis e a Warner Brasil:

www.vdevinganca.com.br

[/quote']

ei felipe, até agora nao entendi o que vc espera, vc espera que o filme seja uma merda ou um grande filme? pq parece que tao comparando a laranja mecanica smiley11.gif

• Members

Não estão comparando com Laranja. Só estão dizendo que é o melhor filme de anarquismo DESDE Laranja e não MELHOR QUE laranja.

Mudanças são inevitáveis. E de certa forma, isso faz com que o meu lado fã da graphic novel não suporte algumas possíveis e desnecessárias (ainda não vi o filme) mudanças.

Entretanto, o meu outro lado de fã do cinema, precisa entender, que, o filme deve se sustentar by itself. Então resumindo minha cabeça de agora que ainda não saiu totalmente da HQ: que o filme traga a essência da história e que se ele conseguir agitar 70% das discussões mesmas que tive quando li a graphic novel anos atrás, já está valendo.

De qualquer forma, pelos detalhes que já vi nos trailers e li nas críticas da sessão no Texas, preparem-se... Vai ser um dos filmes mais discutidos em 2006.

• Members

Não estão comparando com Laranja. Só estão dizendo que é o melhor filme de anarquismo DESDE Laranja e não MELHOR QUE laranja.

Mudanças são inevitáveis. E de certa forma' date=' isso faz com que o meu lado fã da graphic novel não suporte algumas possíveis e desnecessárias (ainda não vi o filme) mudanças.

Entretanto, o meu outro lado de fã do cinema, precisa entender, que, o filme deve se sustentar by itself. Então resumindo minha cabeça de agora que ainda não saiu totalmente da HQ: que o filme traga a essência da história e que se ele conseguir agitar 70% das discussões mesmas que tive quando li a graphic novel anos atrás, já está valendo.

De qualquer forma, pelos detalhes que já vi nos trailers e li nas críticas da sessão no Texas, preparem-se... Vai ser um dos filmes mais discutidos em 2006.

[/quote']

Assim esperosmiley1.gif

• Members

v6t.jpg

Exclusive Interview: Hugo Weaving
"V for Vendetta"

Posted:   Monday, December 26th 2005 11:05PM

Author:   Paul Fischer

Hugo Weaving, sipping a cup of tea in a Toronto dining room in the midst of this year's Toronto Film Festival, insists that it remains important for him to constantly work in his native Australia in order to feel energised. While he was here promoting the already acclaimed Little Fish for an impending North American sale, in which his harrowing portrayal of a drug addict garnered him a recent Australian Film Institute Award for Best Actor, the relaxed actor admits he's "into Australia. I guess I try to look for characters and scripts generally that appeal to me, that I immediately want to work on." While audiences will get to see a different side to the actor in the 2006 Hollywood blockbuster V for Vendetta, Weaving, star of over 40 films, says if given a choice, the smaller movie remains his preference. "Maybe it's just the way in which the filming is. I mean I do like working on smaller pictures and I feel more at home. I suppose I feel like it's more of a family unit and I think the filming rhythms are probably better for me, that you actually film faster, rather than dragging something out over months and months and months."

Weaving has always been drawn to characters far removed from his own experiences, characters such as the intense Lionel Dawson in Little Fish, a film U.S. audiences should be able to see early in 2006. "He's a long way from me but that again is something I don't necessarily think about but once the choice was made, then I thought 'Wow I've got a lot of work to do' and there was a good deal of distance to go."

Weaving admits that while he enjoys doing the big
Hollywood film, like a V for Vendetta, they're by no means a priority. "I find those films like that, kind of give me time out with the family and I think if they weren't there for me, I'd probably just do another Australian film and maybe have a little bit less time out, I don't know." V for Vendetta, Adapted by Andy and Larry Wachowski, based upon the 1988 graphic novel by Alan Moore and illustrated by David Lloyd, the film is set against the futuristic landscape of a totalitarian Britain, and tells the story of a mild-mannered young woman named Evey who is rescued from a life-and-death situation by a masked vigilante known only as "V," played by Weaving. Incomparably charismatic and ferociously skilled in the art of combat and deception, V urges his fellow citizens to rise up against tyranny and oppression. As Evey uncovers the truth about V's mysterious background, she also discovers the truth about herself--and emerges as his unlikely ally in the culmination of his plot to bring freedom and justice back to a society fraught with cruelty and corruption. Originally, Weaving was not the star of the film at all and jumped in at the last minute, though ironically, he had been originally approached but was unavailable because he was due to start filming the ill-fated Australian film Eucalyptus. "Then that folded after they just opted for somewhere else and then 4 weeks into the shoot I was very surprised to get the call saying well look, we've actually sort of parted ways with James Purefoy. It was to do with animating the mask and they didn't think it was working. They just wanted it to be animated and it's difficult because it's a very fixed mask. You can't see eyes or mouth," the actor explains.

Not having read the acclaimed graphic novel and finding himself rapidly preparing to head to Berlin for principal photography, Weaving recalls "grabbing a copy of it as soon as I got to Berlin and I started to read it and I thought I don't even have time because I had to start work. And so I was working on my script and would then refer back to the graphic novel if there were certain things in the script which needed to be illuminated a bit more or which perhaps weren't, just to see what the original source was for particular points in the script." Throughout the film, audiences will never see the actor's face, and Weaving said that playing the character in mask, "is a technical exercise, and then it became something slightly different so that was pretty interesting. Still I think we were still trying to go through a performance and that was very important because ultimately I realised, well the performance did start to bring the character to life, and initially I was thinking much more in terms of the outward effect and, well if I do this or if I do that. I mean the mask is still like that or that or if I do certain things and punctuate certain words with certain movements, then that will animate it. And it did to a point and then the more I did it, the more I forgot about those tiny little movements and the move the performance started doing those things for me."

Weaving says that in hindsight, it was an advantage to have had little time to prepare for this film, "or to have had three or four weeks mucking around with the mask with lights and just seeing what works and what doesn't, I think would've been probably ideal. Then you start and everyone knows where you're at." In trying to define his 'V' character, Weaving sees him as "close to an avenging figure but he's also an heroic figure as well. On the one hand he's been abused by a government, tortured, abused, poisoned and burnt and he has a vendetta to kind of kill them all." Then, as he explains, into his life comes Natalie Portman's Evey Hammond. "He rescues her, imprisons her because otherwise she might unwittingly give him away and then they form a very close relationship." Weaving compares V for Vendetta with the likes of Orwell's 1984. "It's like a number of different films rolled into one." Weaving relished the chance from going to the more character-based Little Fish to V for Vendetta. "It's always fun jumping from one thing to another, because it's so wildly different. You get to meet this very theatrical character but it's on screen. He's in a mask, he talks a lot, it's a completely fixed mask but he's talking a lot, which is a very audacious thing to try and put something like that on screen."

Asked whether it is likely that Eucalyptus, which was set to star Russell Crowe and Nicole Kidman, was likely to get made, Weaving remains pessimistic. "Everyone was sad about that film and it was totally obvious what was really going down. It was a terrible, terrible shame, particularly for Jocelyn [Moorehouse], as everyone wanted to work with her. It' was an absolute gem of a script, was just perfect."

Taking a break and preparing for February's press junket for V for Vendetta, Weaving says that his next project is likely to be for Australian television. "There's a project on the Bali bombing that Michael Jenkins is doing in Bali, a two-part television thing. I'm set to play the head of the Australian Federal Police investigation team." Then Weaving returns to the stage, but not any stage. "We go to New York with Hedda Gabler, which was a Sydney Theatre Company production with Cate Blanchett. It'll be at the Brooklyn Academy in February and March."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/vendetta.php

felipef38712.9840972222

• Members

December 12, 2005

vendetta1.jpg

"All the doubts I had about V For Vendetta were unfounded. It's an outstanding achievement, and it pulls not a single punch in bringing Moore's novel to the screen. People Should Not Be Afraid Of Their Government, Governments Should Be Afraid Of Their People - that ideal courses through every frame of the film. I cannot believe a movie with these concepts, expressed so directly, is being put out by a studio. It's a piece of dynamite, and hopefully it'll be handled correctly when it opens in March. That Warners is premiering it at Berlin in the spring seems somewhat indicative of their plans for it; it certainly deserves a prestige rollout.

And I guess I can say it's the best film I've seen so far next year.

In addition to the plot-specific use of Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture, V For Vendetta also had incidental music from Cat Power, Ella Fitzgerald and Antony + The Johnsons. Someone has very good taste."

http://www.road-dog-productions.com/cgi-bin/2005/12/index.ht ml

• Members

Tradução da entrevista feita pela cozinha mais duvidosa. As vezes penso da vigilãncia sanitária... Mas para quem tem dificuldade com o inglês, tá valendo.

Hugo Weaving comenta V de vingança

Por Marcelo Hessel
27/12/2005

envie_amigo.gif

poster4.jpgHugo Weaving (o Agente Smith da trilogia Matrix), ator por trás da máscara de V de Vingança, filme que leva para as telas a poderosa história em quadrinhos escrita por Alan Moore, conversou com o site Dark Horizons sobre a produção.

Como a entrevista ocorreu durante o Festival de Toronto, onde Weaving estava para promover o drama australiano Little Fish, a conversa começou pelo contraste entre grandes sagas hollywoodianas e filmes menores de seu país natal. "Eu gosto mais de trabalhar em filmes menores, me sinto mais em casa. Suponho que seja por causa da unidade meio familiar e do ritmo mais rápido das filmagens, o que é melhor para mim, ao invés de ficar meses e meses ocupado com uma grande produção", comentou.

O ator não estava originalmente escalado para V de vingança. Na verdade, ele foi procurado, mas na época se comprometia com Eucalyptus, o drama australiano estrelado por Russell Crowe e Nicole Kidman que jamais chegou a ser rodado. No último minuto, Weaving aceitou protagonizar a adaptação da graphic novel de Moore. "Quatro semanas depois do início das filmagens me surpreendi por ter sido convidado novamente, com eles dizendo 'Olhe, não está dando muito certo com James Purefoy [ator escalado na época]'. Tinha algo a ver com a animação da máscara e não estava funcionando direito."

Sem ter lido a HQ e tendo que se preparar rapidamente para voar a Berlim, Weaving lembra: "Peguei um exemplar assim que cheguei em Berlim, comecei a ler e percebi que não teria tempo, eu tinha de começar a trabalhar já".

Na história da adaptação, a Inglaterra está sob um regime totalitarista. Nesse cenário, uma jovem chamada Evey (Natalie Portman) é resgatada de uma situação de perigo por um mascarado, o enigmático V. Carismático e habilidoso nas artes do combate, V inicia uma revolução ao incitar os ingleses contra a tirania e opressão. Conforme Evey descobre a verdade sobre seu protetor, ela também começa a entender melhor sua própria vida - e emerge como uma aliada na cruzada do vigilante.

"Então em trabalhava no meu script e podia tomar como referência a HQ caso houvesse pontos que precisassem ser iluminados. Eu pegava a graphic novel também para ver como era a fonte original relacionada a pedaços particulares do roteiro", disse Weaving. Como o mascarado jamais exibe seu rosto, sequer boca ou olhos, o ator disse que tudo foi um grande exercício técnico: "A máscara sempre estava estática, e se eu fizesse certas coisas ou pontuasse certas palavras com determinado movimento, isso poderia animá-la."

Tentando definir seu personagem, Weaving arrisca: "Ele está perto de ser um vingador, mas é também muito heróico. De um lado há o governo que o abusa, o tortura, o envenena e o queima, e a vendetta servirá para matar a todos. Do outro lado há Evey, que ele salva e depois aprisiona, porque ela poderia acidentalmente revelar os segredos dele, e então eles passar a formar uma relação muito próxima". De volta à comparação entre os filmes grandes e pequenos, completa: "É sempre divertido pular de uma coisa para a outra, porque elas são extremamente diferentes. No caso de V ele está de máscara, ele fala muito, é uma máscara completamente selada mas ele está falando demais, que é uma coisa muito audaciosa para se colocar na telona".

V de Vingança, com direção de James McTeigue (diretor assistente de Matrix e Star Wars Episódio III), estréia em 17 de março de 2006 nos Estados Unidos e dia 14 de abril no Brasil.

Assista:
|

Leia mais sobre V de Vingança

http://www.omelete.com.br/cinema/news/base_para_news.asp?art igo=15957 felipef38713.9960416667