Forum Cinema em Cena

Oscar 2010: Indicados e Previsões

MacGruber

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

O filme sem dúvida vai sofrer com críticas' date=' claro; mas acho que a Swank pode ser indicada mesmo, menos levar.

Perdi o do Almodóvar ontem numa sessão especial por aqui, terei que esperar Novembro?

O Salles vai fazer um filme nos EUA, novamente. Esperamos que este não seja ruim como Água Negra.
[/quote']

Ele vai fzr outro filme de produtor, lamentável.

• Members

Tarantino’s love letter to ‘Bright Star’

Posted by Guy Lodge · 11:26 am · October 21st, 2009

Abbie%20Cornish%20in%20Bright%20StarQuentin Tarantino is obviously quite the epistolarian. Just yesterday, I mentioned the sincerely admiring letter that he wrote to controversial “Kinatay” director Brillante Mendoza, praising the brutally violent and widely unpopular Filipino film for its daring and authenticity.

Evidently, that wasn’t the only letter QT wrote in his Cannes hotel

suite. And while it’s not unexpected that he’d support a fellow

provocateur like Mendoza, some might be surprised to hear that he’s

equally passionate about Jane Campion’s “Bright Star,” which I flipped for earlier this week.

UK site Moviefone unearthed the following gushing note (written, like the Mendoza letter, in red ink) from Tarantino to Campion:

My favorite film of yours … I don’t like period pieces

like that. I loved this!!! Never has heartache been so realistically

and movingly portrayed as Abbie taking to her bed … The lovers kisses …

Abbie and Ben … touching … Brilliant. I loved it!!! Love – Your fan –

Quentin Tarantino.

• Members

O Tarantino só faz filmes violentos mas nem por isso é fã apenas dessas coisas. Muito pelo contrário.

Ebert deu 3 estrelas para Amelia:

A perfectly sound biopic, well directed and acted, about an admirable woman. It confirmed for me Earhart's courage -- not only in flying, but in insisting on living her life outside the conventions of her time for well-behaved females. The next generation of American women grew up in her slipstream.

• Members

Pelo jeito "Amelia" não vai ser indicado. Olha uma crítica:

I agree to the letter

Posted by Kristopher Tapley · 11:45 pm · October 21st, 2009

Q: Why Did Amelia Earhart disappear in 1937?

A: To avoid being embarrassed by the movie about her 72 years later.

Q: Can three horrible fake accents equal one irredeemable movie?

A: You bet ya.

Q: What’s the difference between Amelia and two hours of uninterrupted sleep?

A: The latter is uninterrupted.

From David Poland’s skewering of “Amelia” following a screening this evening.  I’ll dig into the film in Friday’s Oscar Talk, but the only movie I’ve seen this year that is worse is “Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li.”

• Members

From David Poland’s skewering of “Amelia” following a screening this evening.  I’ll dig into the film in Friday’s Oscar Talk' date=' but the only movie I’ve seen this year that is worse is “Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li.”

[/quote']

OUCH! 12

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

invictusposter1.jpg

Cremildo2009-10-22 16:10:08

• Members

The Last Station vem surgindo...

The Hollywood Reporter's Stephen Farber was all raves:

The picture is far livelier than the standard literary biopic. Welcome bursts of rowdy humor and sensuality punctuate the intrigue. As Valentin begins a romance with a young woman living on Tolstoy's farm, the flush of first love is played as counterpoint to the harder realities of a long-term relationship. "Station" will be remembered as one of the most riveting cinematic portraits of what George Eliot called the "murder" of marriage. The actors bring all the pain and longing to the surface. Mirren can explode with anger at one moment and fall into desperate neediness the next. Because of her eloquent performance, even during Sofya's most operatic tirades, we always feel her abiding love for her husband.
Plummer has been shamefully overlooked by Oscar voters during his four-decade film career. This might finally be the time for the Academy to make amends. He looks remarkably like the familiar photographs of the aging author, and he has the stature to play genius convincingly. But Plummer also captures the great man's frailties with self-deprecating humor. There is one moment when Tolstoy kneels on the ground to bid farewell to his beloved home that is a brilliant example of how much a great actor can convey through sheer physicality.

Playing against these two giants, it's amazing that McAvoy holds his own. The opening scenes showing Valentin awestruck in the presence of his idol represent the height of high comedy. As he comes to recognize his hero's feet of clay, McAvoy's reactions deepen poignantly. This is the actor's best performance to date.

Pois é, tem um pessoal  que não gosta de clichês simplesmente por serem clichês, portanto só de serem utilizados já tornam algo ruin...

Já o post do Guidon foi relacionado a opinião do Fecamargo, acho.

---

Vi o último filme do Woody, Whatever Works. Não é tão bom quanto Vicky Cristina Barcelona, mas eu gostei, não entendi a implicância com o mesmo. Adorei a interação entre a personagem da Evan Rachel Wood (ótima!) e do Larry David. Dá pra lembrar de vários quotes hilários só nas cenas desses dois, mas tem alguns outros personagens bacanas também, embora eu tenha gostado bem menos da segunda parte, quando esses outros aparecem, do que da primeira. SPOILER achei que o woody podia ter feito o fim do relacionamento entre a Melody e o Boris de uma forma mais interessante, aquele outro personagem que apareceu me pareceu uma saída muito fácil FIM DO SPOILER

Tem aquele roteiro característico do Woody, com direito ao personagem hipocondríaco, alguém envolvido com fotografia (ou alguma forma de arte) e por aí vai...  que é sempre bem vindo.
Beckin2009-10-23 09:32:16

• Members

Pois é' date=' tem um pessoal  que não gosta de clichês simplesmente por serem clichês, portanto só de serem utilizados já tornam algo ruin...

Já o post do Guidon foi relacionado a opinião do Fecamargo, acho.

---

Vi o último filme do Woody, Whatever Works. Não é tão bom quanto Vicky Cristina Barcelona, mas eu gostei, não entendi a implicância com o mesmo. Adorei a interação entre a personagem da Evan Rachel Wood (ótima!) e do Larry David. Dá pra lembrar de vários quotes hilários só nas cenas desses dois, mas tem alguns outros personagens bacanas também, embora eu tenha gostado bem menos da segunda parte, quando esses outros aparecem, do que da primeira. SPOILER achei que o woody podia ter feito o fim do relacionamento entre a Melody e o Boris de uma forma mais interessante, aquele outro personagem que apareceu me pareceu uma saída muito fácil FIM DO SPOILER

Tem aquele roteiro característico do Woody, com direito ao personagem hipocondríaco, alguém envolvido com fotografia (ou alguma forma de arte) e por aí vai...  que é sempre bem vindo.
[/quote']

verdade. o Whatever cai consideravelmente na segunda metade. mas cai principalmente quando o foco sai um pouco que seja do David. o Allen fez um filme todinho dependente dele, isso por um lado é ruim, mas por outro (quando ele tá em cena) é ótimo. eu adorei, ri horrores "god is gay!" haha; e a Wood tá uma delicinha, xonei [/miguxês]

mas apesar de eu considerar Vicky um filme mais encorpado, esse Whatever me cativou bem mais. essa recepção meio de cara amarrada pra esse, eu acho que se deve muito a expectativa natural que o Allen gera, enquanto que Whatever é um filme simples, divertido, parecendo até bem despretensioso na sua forma.

batgody2009-10-23 12:44:46

• Members

Joe Morgenstern (Wall Street Journal): "Amelia Earhart is still missing."

Manohla Dargis (The New York Times): "Alas, excesses of any pleasurable kind are absent from this exasperatingly dull production."

Peter Travers (Rolling Stone): "There’s not a real or spontaneous minute in it."

Agora sim. 3d10